Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Screenshot_20200118-121724_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-121732_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-121739_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-121747_Instagram.jpg

While I understand what he's saying.

Why does he have a team and friends? Let them handle it.

And it's easy to find out where a celeb is staying at if you know they're in town. Most celebs stay at the same four and five star hotels.

Especially for Kickbacks/Partying etc. it’s something to put on, once the game or whatever event is off...in a social setting.

Facts. It feels like the last 3 years or so this has been happening and every year it becomes more prominent. It's even in the background of like clubs and bars now. So I'm not tripping by noticing this :lol:

Pretty much this.

Especially for Kickbacks/Partying etc. it’s something to put on, once the game or whatever event is off...in a social setting.

I've just personally noticed whenever I'm at the barbershop, or at a homeboy's house pregamming, inside of clubs, music videos + smart tv's is always the combo that's rocking.

Facts. It feels like the last 3 years or so this has been happening and every year it becomes more prominent. It's even in the background of like clubs and bars now. So I'm not tripping by noticing this :lol:

Last 6 years really. Especially with YouTube becoming more and more of a way people digest information...and with the cutting of the cord. I remember going from putting it on music channel or MTV Jamz...to controlling what I wanted to listen too/watch via chrome cast...and now smart TVs. The hookah, YouTube music and drinks at the crib date was my go to from like 2014 to 2018 :lol:.

I noticed my parents use YouTube a lot now even to listen to music, watch specific news and other interest etc.

Last 6 years really. Especially with YouTube becoming more and more of a way people digest information...and with the cutting of the cord. I remember going from putting it on music channel or MTV Jamz...to controlling what I wanted to listen too/watch via chrome cast...and now smart TVs. The hookah, YouTube music and drinks at the crib date was my go to from like 2014 to 2018 :lol:.

I noticed my parents use YouTube a lot now even to listen to music, watch specific news and other interest etc.

Youtube and DSLR cameras brought videos back from the dead fr

Youngboy fans apparently listen to music exclusively on YouTube :lol:

Music videos never really died, they just moved from cable TV to online.

Thanks to advancements in technology, anyone with a camera can make a quality music video.

Nah there was definitely a down period

A lot of people looked at music videos as big money wasters in general. Then the music industry went through a downturn, budgets got slashed, etc

This was around the same time that MTV ended TRL and started transitioning away from music and into Reality TV

Less legit outlets to show music videos = music videos budgets becoming harder to justify in a industry that’s already seeing less profits than usual

The video camera revolution plus YouTube becoming more established changed everything.

Back
Top Bottom