Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Idk man

Migos had the whole hood wearing those pleather “Versace” sweatsuits/short sets :lol:

my boy just pulled one of them out the back of his closet with disgust while moving the other day :rofl:

edit: spiked red bottoms too :lol:
I will never take advice from ppl that get their grills at mall booths and walk around flexing fake LV belts and shoe man Jordan’s. Never.

That’s indirectly off Rocky. That look came from cheap variations of Givenchy & BLVCK Scale etc. They tried to look like Rocky/Kanye...but failed. Remember Ye leather balmain, kilts, givenchy around WTT era. Rocky was on some similar ****. Rick Owens, RAF, Jeremy Scott etc. it’s all a branch of this.

2 Chainz tried it and failed miserably too.

Migos started out as True Religion and Prada boys in 2012/2013 :lol:

Yeah I forgot about the Tumblr wave, _’s was rocking kilts with Royal/Bred 1’s and that same damn Givenchy Rottweiler tee underneath a flannel or something :lol:

Ye still to this day believes he made Retro Jordan’s hot based on that wave :lol:

Yeah I forgot about the Tumblr wave, _’s was rocking kilts with Royal/Bred 1’s and that same damn Givenchy Rottweiler tee underneath a flannel or something :lol:

Ye still to this day believes he made Retro Jordan’s hot based on that wave :lol:
I’ll give him the Bred 1’s and the Varsity Red 6’s, but when you look back a lot the big rappers big looking nasty and have no taste.

Rocky & Ye and the whole been trill, hba, Pyrex, hba...mixed with Givenchy aesthetic and the stupid leather wave took off. Worst offenders were French, 2 Chainz and Migos. Everybody was goofy. Drake red pants at ASG. Bron leather pants. It was ugly :lol:.

212B86F6-2EB3-4137-B953-60C609914129.jpeg
913A8995-3C2C-4C19-84F2-CD12995BFF19.jpeg

CE2DD3BA-F55F-40F0-A4BA-DAEFDBD33900.jpeg

0D5A4E90-D36F-4B7C-BA0E-A7B8DAD7BF87.jpeg

2FE1EEC8-E04E-48D6-9608-DF0446B509F7.jpeg

1A3A1DB6-5BAD-4398-8480-D00101894CF8.jpeg

ASAP was doing collabs with Colette... one of the biggest boutiques in Paris. Ushered in the era of obscure designer brands when the hood only knew about Gucci or LV, or Pada.

Migos, Future, 2chainz dressed HOOD RICH. Nothing Avant Garde or Haute Couture. Rocky was the FIRST of the new generation to have the affect. Period. None after. He made dudes get on they s****. He and Wale changed the game for millennial fashion in the music industry. Them two and Cudi.

but ASAP them took it to a new level. They created the concept of pop up shops and new age tour merchandising (Travis Scott changed the game too).

I remember me and my dawg reached out to Ace Hood people about styling him and changing his gear. Son said he ain’t wearing slimmer clothes or designer gear.... now look where he at.

Dudes finally realized that after your actual music and talent, your GEAR gotta be fresh. Period. Black culture and hip hip
is rooted in style. It goes hand in hand.

Kanye did popularize Jordan 1s in the mainstream though. Us NT’ers always was on (Shout out to Athletes foot in the Broward mall back in 2001 when I got my Navy/Metallic 1s)

but Jordan 1s still we’re niche back then. Dudes wanted Jordan 11s, 7s,8s, 13s, 12s, etc.

So biggest hip hop fashion shifters:

RunDMC
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Ll cool J
MC Shan
NWA
RAkim
Kris Kross
Tupac
Pharrell and the Clipse
Lil Wayne and Hot Boys
DipSet
Jay-Z
Diddy
Kanye
Kudi
Wiz
Wale
Fab
New Boyz
Wutang
Asap
Questionable mention - Meek :lol:

Last edited:
ASAP was doing collabs with Colette... one of the biggest boutiques in Paris. Ushered in the era of obscure designer brands when the hood only knew about Gucci or LV, or Pada.

Migos, Future, 2chainz dressed HOOD RICH. Nothing Avant Garde or Haute Couture. Rocky was the FIRST of the new generation to have the affect. Period. None after. He made dudes get on they s****. He and Wale changed the game for millennial fashion in the music industry. Them two and Cudi.

but ASAP them took it to a new level. They created the concept of pop up shops and new age tour merchandising (Travis Scott changed the game too).

I remember me and my dawg reached out to Ace Hood people about styling him and changing his gear. Son said he ain’t wearing slimmer clothes or designer gear.... now look where he at.

Dudes finally realized that after your actual music and talent, your GEAR gotta be fresh. Period. Black culture and hip hip
is rooted in style. It goes hand in hand.
Damn I disrespectful didn’t mention Cudi and Wale. They were like the proto’s to the ppl into that type of stuff in my age. Wale made sneakers not just Jordan’s cool. I use to go only Celebrity Sneaker Stalker everyday to she what Cudi was wearing and what shoe Wale had on. You can really see that Cudi influence in Travis it’s dope how he put his spin on it.

TIP, Brand Nubian, Mos Def,

We can’t forget 2PAC too. Smh.
T.I. was slick for a lil bit then fell off. T.I. dress like a PTA meeting dad now

Kanye did popularize Jordan 1s in the mainstream though. Us NT’ers always was on (Shout out to Athletes foot in the Broward mall back in 2001 when I got my Navy/Metallic 1s)

but Jordan 1s still we’re niche back then. Dudes wanted Jordan 11s, 7s,8s, 13s, 12s, etc.

1s, 3s,8s etc....Kanye, Kudi def helped boost popularity. Wale did what he did with foams and other exclusive Nike’s. I smh my head that it’s Travis Scott and Drake who get the sig’s. Always said...Wale has a legit point about doing **** first, and not getting his roses (Afrobeat, sneaker culture, etc).

A$AP also brought back AF1 being slick. They really lost their luster towards the end of the 00s.

Back
Top Bottom