Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

At this point y'all care more about East "blowing up" as a rapper than he does. He probably realize he ain't gonna get that much money off of strictly rapping so he's doing acting and other ****. The h0ez like him so might as well take advantage of it. And son like 33, he was tryna get on by only rapping for a long *** time. Gotta have a plan B and he's doing it.

At this point y'all care more about East "blowing up" as a rapper than he does. He probably realize he ain't gonna get that much money off of strictly rapping so he's doing acting and other ****. The h0ez like him so might as well take advantage of it. And son like 33, he was tryna get on by only rapping for a long *** time. Gotta have a plan B and he's doing it.

I don’t think him being 33 would hold him back though. But if he’s content with being a fashinova crip I guess.

I don’t think him being 33 would hold him back though. But if he’s content with being a fashinova crip I guess.

I ain't say that's holding him back, I'm saying he's at that age where you gotta jump in another lane if rap ain't doing it. Him just making music and waiting for def jam don't make sense. They ain't made somebody a star since like Neyo and Rihanna.

I ain't say that's holding him back, I'm saying he's at that age where you gotta jump in another lane if rap ain't doing it. Him just making music and waiting for def jam don't make sense. They ain't somebody a star since like Neyo and Rihanna.

I don’t know about that considering all of Griselda is older than him.

I don’t know about that considering all of Griselda is older than him.

Nobody in Griselda had opportunities outside of rap like East does. They been grinding since at least 2003 and finally struck gold. Can't bet on that if you got more opportunities.

And they're independent. They can drop when they want, make whatever want. Def Jam ain't taking East to the next level. Griselda and East are in 2 different situations. He shoulda never signed to Def Jam but that's done now.

Not really a NY/Boom Bap fan, I think I might give that WSG a spin since a lot y’all saying it’s 🔥 Always open to adding/hearing new music

Dave has done absolutely no wrong his career. He’s did features. Solos, etc. he has a good balance of introspective songs and club songs. Again, full blame goes to RAP FANS. When the fans don’t know s******, simply follow the latest trend or gossip, and really don’t know about music anyway.

You’re left with guys like Dave East criticized for no reason. Which is why I always ask critics, who are your favorite rappers, albums, musicians etc. it always leads me to an understanding.

Rap is in need of sub genres baddddd.

Back
Top Bottom