Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dave has done absolutely no wrong his career. He’s did features. Solos, etc. he has a good balance of introspective songs and club songs. Again, full blame goes to RAP FANS. When the fans don’t know s******, simply follow the latest trend or gossip, and really don’t know about music anyway.

You’re left with guys like Dave East criticized for no reason. Which is why I always ask critics, who are your favorite rappers, albums, musicians etc. it always leads me to an understanding.

Rap is in need of sub genres baddddd.
Most ****** just say he’s generic. Whether that’s criticism or not is up to whoever you’re talking to I guess?

"We Real Mob Ties, Black Disciples" Young Chop's Uncle Goes Off At ATL Goons Who Just Shot Up Chop's Crib + Police Have Chop In Custody For RING Shoot

I ain't say that's holding him back, I'm saying he's at that age where you gotta jump in another lane if rap ain't doing it. Him just making music and waiting for def jam don't make sense. They ain't made somebody a star since like Neyo and Rihanna.

yep

once you out your 20’s it’s harder to see you becoming a superstar if you ain’t already on that path

I was never big into East music beyond a few songs but he’s playing it smart for someone who never really connected with the mainstream especially in the mumble post 2016 era

I don’t know about that considering all of Griselda is older than him.

Griselda is having their major label rollout moment now

East already had His and like someone said,tried to be east coast Game instead of picking a lane and sticking to it which is where Griselda flourishes

But East constantly gets criticism?

Dave East never made a bigger song that 69's smallest hit...and i love da guy.

da man at this point don't got a commerical hit in his body.

69 took over NYC something that wasn't seen again since..pop was coming close, but that's it.

tried givin WSG album a run.

dude style way too irritating for me.

most mediocre rapper ever but somehow also the most gassed. Dont add up.

they wastin some dumb FIRE beats on yo.

Dave has done absolutely no wrong his career. He’s did features. Solos, etc. he has a good balance of introspective songs and club songs. Again, full blame goes to RAP FANS. When the fans don’t know s******, simply follow the latest trend or gossip, and really don’t know about music anyway.

You’re left with guys like Dave East criticized for no reason. Which is why I always ask critics, who are your favorite rappers, albums, musicians etc. it always leads me to an understanding.

Rap is in need of sub genres baddddd.

This

It's just dudes getting tired of Dave, and latching on to what's new and the latest.

If you're out long enough they find ways to criticize you.

"We Real Mob Ties, Black Disciples" Young Chop's Uncle Goes Off At ATL Goons Who Just Shot Up Chop's Crib + Police Have Chop In Custody For RING Shoot

I said it when it happen he incriminated himself by illegally discharging a firearm. What in the world made him think that was kosher. It doesn't matter if it's on your own property.

Since I'm starting to watch The Wire again

To paraphrase Kima. You dudes have no creep. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom