Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Kendrick got more singles in the top 50 than French. Just looked at both their charts, Kendrick charts higher in top 100 and the Rap charts.

Kendrick drop maad city at any festival and it’s curtain call.

I forget that Schoolboy Q album exists. It was that bad.

Game probably dropped album of the year in 2019. It’s crazy, didn’t expect that.
That Q album was unbelievably bad.

Super let down with that one. I remember getting down to the last 3 songs and asking myself what the hell I’d just listened to. :smh:

Schoolboy Q dissed his album that was actually good and resonated with people only to drop an unbelievably trash album that sold less than that one. Crash Talk and Testing are two of the worst albums I’ve heard in years in a time where Lil Yachty, Famous Dex, Rich The Kid, and Young Thug also dropped albums. That is sad.

man he made those songs, but he didn't "make" those songs. unforgettable would've definitely been a hit w/o french on it.

my version of Unforgettable has French taken off, son come through and straight ruin good songs

he was money on Pop That, I still randomly spit that verse for no reason :lol:

mixtape French > DJ Khaled Montana

haaaaahhhhhhh

Schoolboy Q dissed his album that was actually good and resonated with people only to drop an unbelievably trash album that sold less than that one. Crash Talk and Testing are two of the worst albums I’ve heard in years in a time where Lil Yachty, Famous Dex, Rich The Kid, and Young Thug also dropped albums. That is sad.

I don’t know what Testing is but I know Q was 2-2 with major label albums. I downloaded Crash Talk and was befuddled. No idea what I heard. Then I saw his promo tour and he said he recorded three different albums. He was clearly lost and didn’t know what he wanted to make. It was like he wanted to make his music but he wanted a hit and followed the trend.

French = NYC Gucci man. N_ just was dropping endless mixtapes but that don’t be mean it’s good. Like Wayne and Gucci. The dude just did TONS of songs.

Again, it’s like Chuck Taylor’s. Best selling shoe of all-time due only to abundance and production. But them s**** ain’t the greatest shoe.

Kendrick obscure/mixtape songs are better than French’s hits. Kendrick blowing him out the water.

French gotta be having complications from surgery. He wildin

Reactions: OTG
you not running to a festival to see Pop That live. Come on b.

im from NYC, im Pop that out... but when that ish dropped hell yea.

and let's not act like French Montana not veteran status already.

ill put his catalog in that 20 track battle format before ALOT of people.

its basically a club/car/concert performance playlist VS club/car/concert performance playlist...

that's why people were so afraid of Trackmasters...their low brow to backpackers, but to da casual folks/? pssh... scorchers.

Man I liked Testing a lot, the only thing(s) I don't like about it is Rocky saying is "my biggest distraction is i get distracted," that dumbass **** didn't/doesn't sit well w/ me & him getting washed on his own closing track:

I stand by CrasH Talk, I like(d) that album.

Again, it’s like Chuck Taylor’s. Best selling shoe of all-time due only to abundance and production. But them s**** ain’t the greatest shoe

discounting popularity discounts what makes things popular.

why u think Toyota Camry still da best selling car? cuz da ish just works....you throw on some random French banger on your radio to drive somewhere and u gonna feel good.

chuck Taylors same thing...

McDonald's same thing....

Kendricks music isn't consumed da same way French is.

having "hit records" is one way of being a artist.

discounting popularity discounts what makes things popular.

why u think Toyota Camry still da best selling car? cuz da ish just works....you throw on some random French banger on your radio to drive somewhere and u gonna feel good.

chuck Taylors same thing...

McDonald's same thing....

Kendricks music isn't consumed da same way French is.

having "hit records" is one way of being a artist.

We live in a TOTALLY different world. Hits and popularity where important before the 2010s came along. Nowadays the lines are blurred.

my version of Unforgettable has French taken off, son come through and straight ruin good songs

he was money on Pop That, I still randomly spit that verse for no reason :lol:

mixtape French > DJ Khaled Montana

haaaaahhhhhhh
That verse on unforgettable is one of the worst verses I've heard in recent years from anyone in the mainstream.

Straight ruins the song.

Back
Top Bottom