Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Its my man gargamel rell
Screenshot_20200422-112822_Spotify.jpg

I got 2 guns you got 2 guns let’s have a 4some

The reality of the situation is, most of y'all musical opinions is trash. Y'all are regional biased and locked in some ********. I see hits posted in here and because it isn't from one of y'all Mumble Rapper type cats or some old head from the baggy area, y'all scrolling past it. Ninja has a point regarding the Swae Lee French argument. Swae Lee not from that kind of vibe, so him behind the song alone would not set it off. It would not have marketed well. That song would have came and gone as just another "you know what really was a good song, that swae lee joint" and cats would have immediately dismissed you. French put that **** out and it was in NYC clubs getting rang off in all different types of spots, from the Spanish spots uptown, to the Caribbean spots in Brooklyn. Everyone found a way to mix it in somehow. This **** would have just been another throwaway.

Best album this year.

I forget that Schoolboy Q album exists. It was that bad.

Game probably dropped album of the year in 2019. It’s crazy, didn’t expect that.

I don't know if id say that, talking about a year that had Bandana, WWCD, Plugs I Met. Igor and Ventura if you fit those into the genre.

it's a pretty good album tho, should have been shorter. he was spitting tho

Bruh Swae was already on it when he heard it, it was a whole song with him and WizKid that was being shopped around, the vocals weren't scraps it was literally a demo called "Equal" :lol: Swae nem was tryna get Weeknd on it

Jeremih played French the record and he hopped on it, turned Swae's 1st verse into the hook and looped a section for himself to rap over it. Thats why the original "leaked" version had Jeremih on it

The producers of the record literally didn't know French was on it or even had the track until it "leaked"

_ made his own version and then put it out on some sneaky **** :lol: :smh:

With all that said that's not unusual. Hit records get passed around for months until the public hears the "final" version that blows up.

Makes sense, but I know enough rappers are sensitive enough to take it the wrong way.
Seems like people think I’m trying to hype up that he is the king of ny, I was just legitimately asking because I forgot if anyone had a problem. All I know is the supposed Diddy incident that led to the scuffle with Cole.

I don't know if id say that, talking about a year that had Bandana, WWCD, Plugs I Met. Igor and Ventura if you fit those into the genre.

it's a pretty good album tho, should have been shorter. he was spitting tho

I don't count WWCD and Games album as 2019. :lol:

I always been like that. If the album came out Nov or Dec that's the next year.

Back
Top Bottom