Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1579728640759.gif

The crazy part is Rocky is on record saying that he did that mid AF1 **** just because he knew people wasn't ****ing wit em & he wanted to test his influence.... sure enough all it took was a couple of months

when was this? They started bubbling again on the fashion scene in 2015/2016 whichever year they had those 100+ crazy pairs at Complexcon for retail. Then there was a rack of collabs.

I think 35th anni was 2017 and the OW joints came out

them kids in Japan been incorporating AF into their aesthetic a good 6-7 years straight now

when was this? They started bubbling again on the fashion scene in 2015/2016 whichever year they had those 100+ crazy pairs at Complexcon for retail. Then there was a rack of collabs.

them kids in Japan been incorporating AF into their aesthetic a good 6-7 years straight now

“I haven’t wore Air Force 1s since 2013.”
cactus-plant-flea-market-nike-air-force-1-asap-rocky-1.jpg

This ***** JUST had these on a couple months ago. :lol:
He must be specifically talking about mids.

to be fair that video was 3-4 years back & i'm pretty sure that ***** has no real idea the last time he wore Af1 or not :lol:

good looks

it would never cross my mind this ***** got anybody but the American hipster fashion kids on forces lol that’s still the group I think he talkin bout especially with him mentioning those brands 🤔

Another lasting effect of the internet age, the hipster fashion kids, the hood, the skateboarders etc etc all cross. so if something gets bubbling in that scene it eventually bubbles in other parts too. Not to mention that there's a huge portion of the hood who now where all the stuff the hipster kids wear & vice verca.

Hood is infested with Balenciaga, Supreme, Ksubi's, vans etc etc

AF1's definitely had a down time in regards to being "HOT" among the newer generation of sneakerheads, Rocky helped change that.

Another lasting effect of the internet age, the hipster fashion kids, the hood, the skateboarders etc etc all cross. so if something gets bubbling in that scene it eventually bubbles in other parts too. Not to mention that there's a huge portion of the hood who now where all the stuff the hipster kids wear & vice verca.

Hood is infested with Balenciaga, Supreme, Ksubi's, vans etc etc
the hood been late since like 07/08 now when it comes to fashion & they can't dress, so that make whatever they're wearing bad & cheap.

the hood been late since like 07/08 now when it comes to fashion & they can't dress, so that make whatever they're wearing bad & cheap.

that's a bit dramatic, but ther's some truth in it.

Back in the 90's early 00's the fashion trends in hiphop were mostly dictated by the streets & then the rappers would emulate it & make it popular worldwide.

Nowadays the Rappers are moreso creating their own aesthetics & EVERYONE follows & copies the hood dudes & the hipsters. Those who seem to be in tune with both usually start the most trends.

***** high off his own supply. He might have put them American hipster crowd on and some of the Euro hipsters on, but it never left the hood. A white hipster chick I know was rocking a pair and I said "nice uptowns" and she looked at me confused and said "thanks I guess". When someone in the group pointed out it was her sneakers she then said thanks and started asking me why I called them that. I chuckled and walked off.

***** high off his own supply. He might have put them American hipster crowd on and some of the Euro hipsters on, but it never left the hood. A white hipster chick I know was rocking a pair and I said "nice uptowns" and she looked at me confused and said "thanks I guess". When someone in the group pointed out it was her sneakers she then said thanks and started asking me why I called them that. I chuckled and walked off.

As someone who lives in the Bronx, i can't deny anything of what he said. He didn't say he's the reason people ever started wearing AF1 he revitalized it, and made it much more popular amongst the youth & in general culture.

AF1's were becoming a very niche shoe until a few years back, now it's back to seeing a pair every other block.

The same thing is happening with dunks now, of course they were around & people wore them the past few years it's a classic sneaker... but over the past year the hype has started again & they've become more popular again.

that's a bit dramatic, but ther's some truth in it.

Back in the 90's early 00's the fashion trends in hiphop were mostly dictated by the streets & then the rappers would emulate it & make it popular worldwide.

Nowadays the Rappers are moreso creating their own aesthetics & EVERYONE follows & copies the hood dudes & the hipsters. Those who seem to be in tune with both usually start the most trends.
Clothing wise, it's the been the trendy kids & hipsters that start the trends from, and then they hoods hop on the wave 2-3yrs late. And it's the "weirdo" rappers create their own styles. Most these (t)rappers look like horrible Thugger variations & he already looks horrible as is.

Forces was dead from like 05-11 We actually had a 12 page thread in general on this topic a few months ago

Defleee went out of style. And Rocky helped usher them back in. They got cold again...then resurfaced round ‘16/17

Hood ****** been wearing AF1s.
I’d credit Chief Keef & Herb before I did Rocky.
I’m not crediting anybody personally but AF1’s as a shoe to go faded for sure. ******* in HS was wearing Nike Blazers and dunks. Then of course, Jays, and Adidas blew up like crazy. I didn’t start seeing AF1’s out here heavy until like last year.

Back
Top Bottom