Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

As someone who lives in the Bronx, i can't deny anything of what he said. He didn't say he's the reason people ever started wearing AF1 he revitalized it, and made it much more popular amongst the youth & in general culture.

AF1's were becoming a very niche shoe until a few years back, now it's back to seeing a pair every other block.

The same thing is happening with dunks now, of course they were around & people wore them the past few years it's a classic sneaker... but over the past year the hype has started again & they've become more popular again.
I'm also starting to see it with Nike blazers as well.

Vividly remember clowning people for still rocking forces in high school :lol: (04-08).

They were a dusty ***** shoe for the latter half of a decade....til ASAP and them slowly brought em back. Then the all white lows became a “Miami shoe”, Then the white lows around 2017 as a spring/summer shoe became fully acceptable again.

If it wasn’t foam, NB or throwback 90s Nike’s in the mid to late 00s....(Barkley, Deion’s, Pippen, etc)...it wasn’t “slick”. Those mid 90s Nike’s got their 2nd life round 05. AF1 was OUT. Timbs was OUT. Field boots...then it went to Nike Boots was in.

That’s how it went.

Went from in style shoe....to meh...shoe. And older head with button ups shoe. Or a classic shoe. They died for a lil minute. Did some nasty fusion ****. Sat in stores...and then got a resurgence.

I'm also starting to see it with Nike blazers as well.

97s, had a resurgence with ath-leisure. You used to be able to grab em on eBay for $99 in like 2010. Like 2-3 years ago...they hype and spike went crazy up.

Waffle Racers popular now.

It’s crazy because...Air Forces, Dickies, Durags are back poppin again. It doesn’t look weird to see a dude in a full dickie suit and air forces.

That woulda looked crazy in 2012 :lol:

Went from in style shoe....to meh...shoe. And older head with button ups shoe. Or a classic shoe. They died for a lil minute. Did some nasty fusion ****. Sat in stores...and then got a resurgence.

ALL of this, ****** may have still had a few pairs of AF1's but that wasn't the shoe cats was throwing on when they were trying to get a fit off. ESPECIALLY not the mids, i **** with Rocky but him making dirty white mids a long lasting thing is a bannable offense for a Harlem *****

Forces was dead from like 05-11 We actually had a 12 page thread in general on this topic a few months ago

Defleee went out of style. And Rocky helped usher them back in. They got cold again...then resurfaced round ‘16/17

yah that’s why I added in he was likely talking about the US fashion scene, they were niche fashion and just a basic shoe regular people wore for a while here

97s, had a resurgence with ath-leisure. You used to be able to grab em on eBay for $99 in like 2010. Like 2-3 years ago...they hype and spike went crazy up.

Waffle Racers popular now.

It’s crazy because...Air Forces, Dickies, Durags are back poppin again. It doesn’t look weird to see a dude in a full dickie suit and air forces.

That woulda looked crazy in 2012 :lol:

Nah the drill _'s was wearing the **** outta some forces 2013 tho, remember the white pants wave :lol:

1587776031533.png

1587776075616.png

1587776332827.png

Nah the drill _'s was wearing the **** outta some forces 2013 tho, remember the white pants wave :lol:

1587776031533.png

1587776075616.png

1587776332827.png

Chicago *****s different. They stuck with trues to the almost very end :lol:.

I called the BB Simon belt resurgence some years back btw. Seent a lot of *****s with BBs lately.

Yo hiphop culture loves & celebrates everything about capitalism except our artist owning ****.

Between the backlash of the Kanye Forbes tweet & The discussion around Teddy Riley wanting to monetize by building his own platform (Which was leaps & bounds above IG quality wise) it's always so odd to me.

Last edited:
Yo hiphop culture loves & celebrates everything about capitalism except are artist owning ****.

Between the backlash of the Kanye Forbes tweet & The discussion around Teddy Riley wanting to monetize by building his own platform (Which was leaps & bounds above IG quality wise) it's always so odd to me.
That's called being brainwashed.

Back
Top Bottom