Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is a Kylie Jenner is a billionaire article.

It's tied to the value of Yeezy Brand. Dr Dre wasn't a billionaire because of the perceived value of Beats, it was because of him selling for actual money.

Beats was selling a billion also before Apple.

Huh?

people net worths are all evaluations & tied to the projected worth of their companies, of course Kanye doesn't have a billion dollars on hand, the same way Jay doesn't etc etc.

The point wasn't really to celebrate the hypothetical number, Point is Kanye Shouted at the top of his lungs about his worth to Nike, people called him entitled, claimed h nothing about design, told him to stick to tour merch etc etc.

In the span of FIVE years he's an owner of a Billion dollar company, this rise happened while Kanye was publicly doing everything a PR firm would have told him to do the opposite of. A monumental Come up for a *****

Huh?

people net worths are all evaluations & tied to the projected worth of their companies, of course Kanye doesn't have a billion dollars on hand, the same way Jay doesn't etc etc.

The point wasn't really to celebrate the hypothetical number, Point is Kanye Shouted at the top of his lungs about his worth to Nike, people called him entitled, claimed h nothing about design, told him to stick to tour merch etc etc.

In the span of FIVE years he's an owner of a Billion dollar company, this rise happened while Kanye was publicly doing everything a PR firm would have told him to do the opposite of. A monumental Come up for a *****

Being the owner of an alleged billion dollar company doesn't make one a billionaire.

And I don't even believe they had a billion in sales.

Every six months to a year this story is put out there by the West Kardashians. They did the same with Kylie.

I see what you saying but Dre never actually hit the billionaire mark either tho, _’s just said that

A bunch of other ppl like Universal had stakes in Beats, his split from the $3B was $500 million

Yeah, but my point was nobody even talked about Dre being a billionaire until Beats was sold to Apple. This is marketing.

I don't understand what your trying to say. Is he a billionaire or nah lol

If you think dude went from being in debt crying all the time three years ago to being a billionaire.

white socks black kicks :sick:
me and my brother used to clown when we saw someone wearing "buttheads"
1587819852958.png

Yeah, but my point was nobody even talked about Dre being a billionaire until Beats was sold to Apple. This is marketing.

If you think dude went from being in debt crying all the time three years ago to being a billionaire.

Exactly. He was begging for charity, now he a billionaire. Naive

Uptown's have been up and down.

They were looked at like Dunks five years ago. That was your thing. You weren't going to be looked at like you were wearing Team Jordans or anything.

The person attached to them might be wearing some South Pole or Trues though. :lol:

Are you guys going to talk about the part Travis Scott and Virgil played in it? Because when their joints released, I was thinking you guys like Uptowns now? The same when Travis released low Jordan I's. Those joints used to go on sale for $49. Now people wanted them.

Being the owner of an alleged billion dollar company doesn't make one a billionaire.

And I don't even believe they had a billion in sales.

Every six months to a year this story is put out there by the West Kardashians. They did the same with Kylie.

So let me guess..... Forbes a company who deals with people way more important than Kanye, and has faced public scrutiny from Kanye in the past for denying his status........ is suddenly forging their numbers & writing fake pieces to benefit the West/Kardashian family???

So **** forbes, **** Adidas & **** any other resource that keep track of sales..... Yeezy brand ain't worth a Billion because YOU don't think they're worth a billion? :lol:

The literal definition of a millionaire..... A millionaire is an individual whose net worth or wealth is equal to or exceeds one million units of currency.

So unless the rules change for Kanye, him owning 100% of a company bringing in a billion dollars in revenue makes him a billionaire

So let me guess..... Forbes a company who deals with people way more important than Kanye, and has faced public scrutiny from Kanye in the past for denying his status........ is suddenly forging their numbers & writing fake pieces to benefit the West/Kardashian family???

So **** forbes, **** Adidas & **** any other resource that keep track of sales..... Yeezy brand ain't worth a Billion because YOU don't think they're worth a billion? :lol:

The literal definition of a millionaire..... A millionaire is an individual whose net worth or wealth is equal to or exceeds one million units of currency.

So unless the rules change for Kanye, him owning 100% of a company bringing in a billion dollars in revenue makes him a billionaire

Forbes still publishes magazines or do they try to get you to click on the article and subscribe?

And didn't they just do this eight months ago? So he's really really a billionaire now. Come on b, stop falling for the Kardashian marketing ********.

how can freekey be above Jim?

he's been da spliff star of dipset since day one.

Juelz ain't been number 2 since lil wayne took his whole style and ran with it.

2 albums in almost 2 decades...

Im talking Prime Dipset days -Wasn’t Jim just a hypeman starting to rap?

Forbes still publishes magazines or do they try to get you to click on the article and subscribe?

And didn't they just do this eight months ago? So he's really really a billionaire now. Come on b, stop falling for the Kardashian marketing bull****.

ummmm no 8 months ago, they did a feature on Yeezy brand. Kanye in the article claimed that he was a billionaire, Forbes denied that due to not having sufficient proof or looks at the numbers at the time.

Fast forward Kanye's team actually gives them numbers & documentation regarding Yeezy Brand, forbes checks it & is now stating that Kanye is a billionaire.

And of course Forbes uses these articles to draw clickbait to an extent, that's completely different from them writing an article, analyzing data & coming back with a definitive answer, the 1-2 days of traffic aren't enough for them to publicly discredit their brand, by making up numbers & evaluation for ******* Kanye West of all people.

Either way the money isn't the point, the power of demanding your worth & ownership is.

Uptown's have been up and down.

They were looked at like Dunks five years ago. That was your thing. You weren't going to be looked at like you were wearing Team Jordans or anything.

The person attached to them might be wearing some South Pole or Trues though. :lol:

Are you guys going to talk about the part Travis Scott and Virgil played in it? Because when their joints released, I was thinking you guys like Uptowns now? The same when Travis released low Jordan I's. Those joints used to go on sale for $49. Now people wanted them.

When you confident, you can make ANYTHING look fresh! That’s been how I feel about my style. I like to stand out. I was the first dude in my high school wearing boat shoes, only person with Jordan 1s (had midnight navy 1s in 2001) Nu Retro Low, Jordan 2s. Even the 20th anniversary silver AF1 highs from 2002.

Either you got style, or not. I was a average athlete, played football in high school. Got cut from the basketball team. But I was fresher than the jocks. Them dudes ain’t have no style.

Sometimes, you gotta go with your heart and wear what you want! It’s your money. F**** people’s opinions

My money, buy whatever the f***** I want. It be the conservative, scared to take risk people always concerned about your gear. Im gone jump fresh until death

The mainstream wasn’t wearing huaraches, trainer 1,2,3 “John McEnroe’s” up until recently either. Most popular were Air Max 95s.

Now all of the sudden, you see AM 97s, Air Max 90s and AM 1s and. I got the history of Air package in 2005. Again, barely anyone was wearing runners.

Now they in abundance. Why? Them s*** VERSATILE and comfortable. Runners was popular in the late 80s, to the mid 90s. Slowed down in the 2000s and re-emerged recently.

Back then if cats had $170, they preferred to spend it on Jordan’s or basketball instead on runners.

ummmm no 8 months ago, they did a feature on Yeezy brand. Kanye in the article claimed that he was a billionaire, Forbes denied that due to not having sufficient proof or looks at the numbers at the time.

Fast forward Kanye's team actually gives them numbers & documentation regarding Yeezy Brand, forbes checks it & is now stating that Kanye is a billionaire.

And of course Forbes uses these articles to draw clickbait to an extent, that's completely different from them writing an article, analyzing data & coming back with a definitive answer, the 1-2 days of traffic aren't enough for them to publicly discredit their brand, by making up numbers & evaluation for ****ing Kanye West of all people.

Either way the money isn't the point, the power of demanding your worth & ownership is.

The money is the point, isn't that what you keep typing about.

They can literally say anything, because they are a part of Adidas. And Adidas isn't the one supplying the data. Because Adidas would have investors to answer to. Adidas the company that has been around for decades that is worth less than $20 billion, even though they had more than that in revenue last year.

They didn't write an article, a person did.

Go to Forbes first page

It's just any other site living off a past name.

The mainstream wasn’t wearing huaraches, trainer 1,2,3 “John McEnroe’s” up until recently either

what is the mainstream you talkin about? bo Jacksons been hood staples... Huaraches are literally a cornerstone in Nike's catalog... they're so encompassing i gotta follow up and ask you are you talking bout Huarache flight 2ks, or runners, or da trainers?

trainer I's-III's slowed up yes.

Back
Top Bottom