Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cam done went blow for blow with Prime Pun, Hov , DMX, Ma$e, Big L, Beans etc etc.... and held his own/ still had memorable verses, he's Elite at this rap ****, Jones has perfected his own formula but nah it's not close. And that's not to say Jim didn't have fire moments through that run also

Cam'ron is one of my favorite rappers, but he was never my favorite dipset member, if you can understand that.

Cam was Cyclops, da leader of da X-men...well rounded and all that, but everyone's favorite is Wolverine...thats Capo.

Mf were checking for JR Writer before Jim :lol:

yeah but let's say you clicked on worldstarhiphop.com and saw 2 videos... who's interview are you more likely to check out Jim Jones Jr writer? i rest my case.

Jim Jones always had da public behind him, his skills lagged behind but they waited for him to get better.

JR writer's rap skills never erroded and yet no one checking for him other than dipset fans....

I remember the days when this thread said Kanye had no impact on fashion, & nobody would take him serious after "begging" for peoples money..... it ain't been a decade yet & the **** already hit a billi :lol:

funny, i ain't seen that other thread in general get bumped for this, that's where all his haters were :lol:

that said all of Kanye's Adidas sneakers are trash to me (except da wave runners wit da neon laces, those is ok) and I'm amazed people keep buying them more power to that man capitalism is amazing.

. AF1 never went any where but there was a period where they weren't the hot in demand shoe

that's because we were all buying Foamposites.

wasn't any knock on uptown's because they were always a option in everyone's closet.

“I haven’t wore Air Force 1s since 2013.”
cactus-plant-flea-market-nike-air-force-1-asap-rocky-1.jpg

This ***** JUST had these on a couple months ago. :lol:
He must be specifically talking about mids.

white socks black kicks :sick:

AF1's were becoming a very niche shoe until a few years back

are you aware that if you spun off air Force ones and made them their own brand away from Nike they would be 2nd highest selling brand in front of JB?

ASAP Rocky was talking out of his butt hole. and his argument is flawed because if we're taking him at his word he was always referring to air Force 1 mids and people still don't wear air Force 1 mids like that.

AF1's definitely had a down time in regards to being "HOT" among the newer generation of sneakerheads

only because Nike literally saturated their own market after the 25-year anniversary off air Force ones that year and da subsequent year after that literally had hundreds of colors coming out every month....

it took them years for da market to start drying up from them flooding it so bad and you forget that most of those uptowns were premium editions that were $100 each.

remember Nike remolded air Force ones in 2007 which has been da contemporary shape of them ever since. that year was a super flooded year.

the trends from, and then they hoods hop on the wave 2-3yrs late.

you got stuff backwards Duke. hoods create trends, rappers take those trends from da hood and hipsters pick up da pieces years later when things die down and try to bring it back.

I've I've never seen a hipster create a trend from scratch. they usually repurpose an existing trend from a regional place introduce them to another audience...in ASAP's case da public gave him a FOH because even as da great unwashed made nelly's name trend on Twitter because his air force I song dropped in 2002.

and Nelly would be da first one to tell you that he was put on to air Force ones when he flew to New York and decided to shop and asked around what was da hottest thing for da feet.

now now that fashion is no longer linear by decade due to da internet, hipsters have even less dibs on anything because fashion and literally be curated and styles assumed a la carte.

Just like Charlamagne said, we've been wearing AF1s in Charleston since the 90s. We call them Willy D's here. Mids have always been popular here as well and people rarely wore Hi's. Probably cause it's so damn hot here lol

The world is bigger than New York and Charleston though so I will give Nelly credit for popularizing them globally.

Back
Top Bottom