Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

what is the mainstream you talkin about? bo Jacksons been hood staples... Huaraches are literally a cornerstone in Nike's catalog... they're so encompassing i gotta follow up and ask you are you talking bout Huarache flight 2ks, or runners, or da trainers?

trainer I's-III's slowed up yes.

Huarache lights, trainer huaraches (with the straps), air huaraches, were not popular in the mainstream until recently. Shoe stores rarely stocked them. I got the 2010 retro trainer huaraches.

Trainer SCs and Air Max 95s were always the most popular. That’s why they stayed getting retros.

Most other runner models were not being promoted as much

tumblr_ltdb2f6HEh1qk89yro1_1280.jpg

Y’all need a history lessons on those Huarches?

I clearly remember the original Huarches and Agassi’s were popular.

I clearly said they were popular from the late 80s to mid 90s. From about 1999 - 2016 certain runners were not as popular. That’s Whole generation.

I’m from Florida. I ALWAYS wore runners. The whole tree of runners. People here didn’t start really wearing them down here until recent. I can’t speak for everywhere else

97s, had a resurgence with ath-leisure. You used to be able to grab em on eBay for $99 in like 2010. Like 2-3 years ago...they hype and spike went crazy up.

Waffle Racers popular now.

It’s crazy because...Air Forces, Dickies, Durags are back poppin again. It doesn’t look weird to see a dude in a full dickie suit and air forces.

That woulda looked crazy in 2012 :lol:
Facts.

The money is the point, isn't that what you keep typing about.

They can literally say anything, because they are a part of Adidas. And Adidas isn't the one supplying the data. Because Adidas would have investors to answer to. Adidas the company that has been around for decades that is worth less than $20 billion, even though they had more than that in revenue last year.

They didn't write an article, a person did.

Go to Forbes first page

It's just any other site living off a past name.

At this point i don't even know what your arguing, okay fine Forbes is wrong, they are cooking up articles for a Kanye promo run...... & it's all a facade. he didn't really create a billion dollar company, in fact it may only be 500 Million. If all of that was true THE POINT IS

Kanye reached what many people would consider a Pinnacle at Nike, especially for a celeb. Dude got a sig shoe with Nike designed by him, they sold out & are one of the most coveted sneakers in history. But he wasn't being paid properly or given direction of his brand.

So he realized his actual worth, doubled down on designing, got called stupid & ungrateful for leaving Nike, was told he wasn't a good enough designer etc etc

In Five years he has created a global brand that does 100's of millions in revenue yearly & he did it while getting ownership & getting much more creative control of his art. That is the thing that should be applauded.

At this point i don't even know what your arguing, okay fine Forbes is wrong, they are cooking up articles for a Kanye promo run...... & it's all a facade. he didn't really create a billion dollar company, in fact it may only be 500 Million. If all of that was true THE POINT IS

Kanye reached what many people would consider a Pinnacle at Nike, especially for a celeb. Dude got a sig shoe with Nike designed by him, they sold out & are one of the most coveted sneakers in history. But he wasn't being paid properly or given direction of his brand.

So he realized his actual worth, doubled down on designing, got called stupid & ungrateful for leaving Nike, was told he wasn't a good enough designer etc etc

In Five years he has created a global brand that does 100's of millions in revenue yearly & he did it while getting ownership & getting much more creative control of his art. That is the thing that should be applauded.

The man has had success with TWO of the most popular sports apparel companies. That’s legendary

ghost of rich porter dropped 10 years ago...hell Members of Byrd Gang dropped 15 years ago...u been sleeping a LONG time...flawless mixtapes.

cousin came through and filled the page up :lol:

I completely forgot about those but whats wild is I listened to MOB HEAVY when it dropped, I had that **** on a CD and it stayed in rotation in the whip :lol:

to me they lost their luster when Max got locked, I think that’s when I stopped really listening to Jim all together but my interest picked back up when I heard Wasted Talent

yeah but let's say you clicked on worldstarhiphop.com and saw 2 videos... who's interview are you more likely to check out Jim Jones Jr writer? i rest my case.

Jim Jones always had da public behind him, his skills lagged behind but they waited for him to get better.

JR writer's rap skills never erroded and yet no one checking for him other than dipset fans....

Ima keep it funky I’m scrolling past if I don’t see Max or Cam lol

folks loved Jim the person, that’s undeniable. My point was folks wasn’t checking for his raps like that. Dude always been cool.

Jim on Dipset in London video is high tier entertainment, that ***** needed a Tv show back then

Yeah, but my point was nobody even talked about Dre being a billionaire until Beats was sold to Apple. This is marketing.

I know, that’s because Dre didn’t own all of Beats :lol:

Before Beats sold Dre’s stake was estimated worth 400 million. Forbes had him on the list at 500 million, that’s including his Beats stake. After they sold he got $500 mil and Forbes put him up to 700 mil.

Kanye own 100% of Yeezy and they saying his stake in the Yeezy/Adidas venture is worth $1B

Are you guys going to talk about the part Travis Scott and Virgil played in it? Because when their joints released, I was thinking you guys like Uptowns now?

this why I mentioned ComplexCon, they dropped all that **** + the OW Complexcon AF1, and then all those collabs came out in 2016/2017 too. they def had a lot to do with the AF1 resurgence in American fashion

I know, that’s because Dre didn’t own all of Beats :lol:

Before Beats sold Dre’s stake was estimated worth 400 million. Forbes had him on the list at 500 million, that’s including his Beats stake. After they sold he got $500 mil and Forbes put him up to 700 mil.

Kanye own 100% of Yeezy and they saying his stake in the Yeezy/Adidas venture is worth $1B

No, because it's not based around what revenue a company made for a year. Beats was bringing in over a bil in revenue yearly before they were sold.

Adidas is only worth $16 mil

Call me a hater but I just don't care to celebrate Kanye at this point. The way he has moved and got it sends the wrong message to me. The c**nin, the attention seeking, it's just too much clown ****. Begging and pleading for a pat a on the head. He got to where he want to be, good for him but I'm cool on celebrating that.

Yeah, but my point was nobody even talked about Dre being a billionaire until Beats was sold to Apple. This is marketing.

Every time I hear them call Dre or Hov or Puff a billionaire or close to it I'm just "aight". It's promotion, it sounds good. All of 'em got bread but when I hear that billionaire title get thrown around I don't take it dead serious.

Call me a hater but I just don't care to celebrate Kanye at this point. The way he has moved and got it sends the wrong message to me. The c**nin, the attention seeking, it's just too much clown ****. Begging and pleading for a pat a on the head. He got to where he want to be, good for him but I'm cool on celebrating that.

Every time I hear them call Dre or Hov or Puff a billionaire or close to it I'm just "aight". It's promotion, it sounds good. All of 'em got bread but when I hear that billionaire title get thrown around I don't take it dead serious.

It’s a lot of uncle toms and ****ery going on though. Kanye might be the poster child but that s**** common. Can’t be mad at Kanye, hold all these dudes accountable

Back
Top Bottom