Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm tombout in younger generation of hip hop fans, youth don't really know LL as a rap dude like that but they know the Pacs, Bigs, Big Ls, DMX, Nas, etc

LL looked at as a singer/actor because of what you mentioned ninjahood ninjahood other dudes came in and ran past him and he went another route to preserve himself

it worked very very well though :lol:

Young people don't even recognize Rakim, Public Enemy or Big Daddy Kane, so that's really not a good comparison.

Do they recognize Snoop for Doggystyle or him being a celeb?

LL was known to the generation before mine, mine and the one after.

Not many can say that.

tumblr_orwjwqUSPh1v6w3juo1_400.gifv

Uptown's have been up and down.

They were looked at like Dunks five years ago. That was your thing. You weren't going to be looked at like you were wearing Team Jordans or anything.

The person attached to them might be wearing some South Pole or Trues though. :lol:

Are you guys going to talk about the part Travis Scott and Virgil played in it? Because when their joints released, I was thinking you guys like Uptowns now? The same when Travis released low Jordan I's. Those joints used to go on sale for $49. Now people wanted them.

🎯 🎯

Bullseye. That’s the main part they became popular again in the last 2-3 years....and why you see af1 everywhere, as now an “in shoe” again.

Did not know LL hosted the Grammys 5 years in a row :lol: this ***** an icon

Young people don't even recognize Rakim, Public Enemy or Big Daddy Kane, so that's really not a good comparison.

Do they recognize Snoop for Doggystyle or him being a celeb?

LL was known to the generation before mine, mine and the one after.

Not many can say that.

yeah that’s more overlooked people in present times. And it depends on who you talking to really

I’m not saying they don’t know who he is, more they don’t know the extent of his rapping ability

they know bruh for tv and movies and non rappity rap things

Yo LL could really fight, bar you to death and then make a song that would sweep a broad off her feet. That’s something you don’t see.

if LL Cool J really wanted to I think he could come back to music but he would have to play da drake lane without singing (basically da lane he invented with i need love)

let's not get it twisted though da man pretty much tours constantly when he's not doing TV, so that legends circuit still lucrative for him.

I doubt he, he like 50. No clue why Def Jam even signed him.

probably as an embassador. If Def Jam ever had a mascot it would be LL cool j.

da strikes against LL Cool J is da fact that his rapping skills aint left da early 2000s late 90s and R&B has died a slow painful death.... that was a lot of his bread& butter money maker in that lane.

I doubt he, he like 50. No clue why Def Jam even signed him.

I think the biggest difference is music and flows are different

It's hard not to sound old now

It's like boxing you can't keep going through periods inactivity, you have to keep sparring and working out

LL is getting 6 figures an episode on NCIS. Rapping would be a waste of time

yeah he's basically a baby Will Smith at this point. he does tour thou to collect that legends money.

its hard to be a credible rapper and actor at da same time.. see Meth, Ludacris, RZA, Ice Cube, Queen Latifah, etc.

2pac was da only one to do it at a high clip while also keeping his music career elite...Ice Cube was close earlier on..

Nelly was basically low-key was LL Cool J image wise his whole career minus zero acting skills.

Let me school you young grasshopper wavycrocket wavycrocket

These are lyrics you can :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: to

When young sons fantasize of borrowing flows
Tell little shorty with the big mouth the bank is closed

The symbol on my arm is off limits to challengers
You hold the rusty swords, I swing the Excalibur
How dare you step up in my dimension
Your little *** should be somewhere cryin on detention
Watch your mouth better yet hold your tongue
I'ma do this **** for free this time this one's for fun
Blow you to pieces, leave you covered in feces
With one thesis ("LL Cool J is hard")
Every little boy wanna pick up the mic
And try to run with the big boys and live up to the real hype
But that's like picking up a ball, playing with Mike
Swingin at Ken Griffey or challenging Roy to a fight
Snapping, you amateur MC's
Don't you know I'm like the Dream Team touring overseas
For rappers in my circle I'm a deadly disease
Ringmaster, bringing a tiger cub to his knees
In the history of rap they've never seen such prominence
Your naive confidence gets crushed by my dominance
Now let's get back to this mic on my arm
If it ever left my side it'd transform into a time bomb
You don't wanna borrow that, you wanna idolize
And you don't wanna make me mad ***** you wanna socialize
And I'm daring every MC in the game
To play yourself out position, and mention my name
I make a rhyme for every syllable in your name
Go platinum for every time your grimy *** was on the train
Watch your mouth don't ever step out of line
LL Cool J *****, greatest of all time

Let a young rapper from the south spit these very same bars....and you’ll be in here with a :stoneface:

:lol:.

LL is hard. You not telling me nothing I don’t know. The generational and regional biases you be having, are funny to me tho.

Back
Top Bottom