Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

14 Shots, cold, hit songs, platinum

gold album, and his last 3 albums exit 13 (didn't go gold)

definition, todd smith did go gold.

he was only going one time Platinum in the late 90s when folks like DMX and Jay-Z were going triple and quadruple.

his last FIRE album was MR. Smith on 1995...then da all world greatest hits in 1996.

interesting enough this conversation literally mirrors 50 cent vs. Rick Ross where as 50 cent was da bonafide Superstar during his prime Rick Ross has had da longer musical career.

u right about LL stratosphere in his prime tho...but Fat Joe was always upper mid tier his whole career... that's to be celebrated.

LL been trash for basically my whole life.

Trash musically and albums wise, trash as a emcee, not even close.

I haven't liked LL in a long time. He was always that Drake lane to me, and I never rocked with that Drake lane. Because Canibus was right.

but son was putting out hit after hit and was relevant in rap for 30 years.

gold album, and his last 3 albums exit 13 (didn't go gold)

definition, todd smith did go gold.

he was only going one time Platinum in the late 90s when folks like DMX and Jay-Z were going triple and quadruple.

his last FIRE album was MR. Smith on 1995...then da all world greatest hits in 1996.

interesting enough this conversation literally mirrors 50 cent vs. Rick Ross where as 50 cent was da bonafide Superstar during his prime Rick Ross has had da longer musical career.

u right about LL stratosphere in his prime tho...but Fat Joe was always upper mid tier his whole career... that's to be celebrated.

It's platinum now, but was gold when it released.

Fat Joe was happy to go gold.

Phenomenom went double

GOAT debuted at number one

Trash musically and albums wise, trash as a emcee, not even close.

I haven't liked LL in a long time. He was always that Drake lane to me, and I never rocked with that Drake lane. Because Canibus was right.

but son was putting out hit after hit and was relevant in rap for 30 years.
I do acknowledge him as legend & pioneer, I just grew up during his output being trash.
hype Williams videos and all that.

a lot of people was so much in fact that common jacked this style for his album.

terrible album
Song was a hit in the clubs
u was zz zz zzing?

I slept on LL the rapper until I re-listened to I Shot Ya in like 10th grade and then visited the beefs

he really does it

He was always that Drake lane to me

the accuracy of this :lol: it just shows how talented dude really is though and then the fact that he's been able to stick around in entertainment for 35 years with no sign of going away? that's crazy to me

LL the dirty Mack >>>> LL the rapper though

To go from this...to where he is now, i'll never short-change LL Cool J. His next album could go plastic. I don't care. Why is it always black artists that have to have a "prime" or a shelf life?

nah, i **** on pink floyd too. i stopped pursuing this girl b/c she wore a division bell shirt. should've just stopped putting out new music after the final cut.
Saying Fat Joe has a better run than LL is like saying Chief Keef had a better run than TI
t.i. has always just been iight to me.

LL underrated and overlooked as hell
[/QUOTE

he really isn't, problem is is that once Jay-Z, Nas, Pac, Biggie, DMX came on da scene it flip da page to a new era and he was demoted from Superstar to respected veteran....

it it didn't help that him & Jigga wasn't that cordial.

Breaking down who has the longer run is crazy cause for real, both of them had crazy underrated long runs. I don’t know how but they’re both underrated some how.

Man when I’m Bad dropped during the Michael doc I lost.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

boom boom boom boom boom boom boom

Man LL smoked that ****in song

I'm tombout in younger generation of hip hop fans, youth don't really know LL as a rap dude like that but they know the Pacs, Bigs, Big Ls, DMX, Nas, etc

LL looked at as a singer/actor because of what you mentioned ninjahood ninjahood other dudes came in and ran past him and he went another route to preserve himself

it worked very very well though :lol:

Nelly definitely put some areas and states on to AF1s but a lot of places were already big on them cause they were dope and cheap.

AF1s did cool down because Nike ran them into the ground. So many hideous colors, a lot of them looked like Marshalls and Ross shoes.

I wore my Sheeds a few months ago and a older ***** was like yoooo, nice to sees someone rock some real AF1s! Not that ********.

LL definitely the bigger star AND he started getting into TV and movies during his peak.

Fat Joe a legend and he underrated but he not the superstar LL is

Back
Top Bottom