Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Good read. Half way thru. Feeling how he talked about the Drake/Bron empty star comparisons. That’s a whole thread in itself.

Good artist. But shorty ain’t it.

On another note.....Toosie slide dude, got put on by Bankroll Fresh/Future. Real interesting.

All that zesty dancing. Lol

I don't even like the Lebron comparison in terms of them (Now if we talking their fans & how modern media has protected their legacies yes)

For as much as i think Lebron is overrated, he stands amongst the truly elite top 10 guys and has a real strong case, I don't think Drake is that at all. He's more like Russell Westbrook With Lebrons Hype.

Russ at his max is still an Elite player in his generation and an All time great, Has had some of the most impressive stats ever, has nights where he could go head up with any star player. But when it really matters & you are in the playoffs (Albums/legacy music) he's gonna revert to what's safe for him & is never gonna deviate from his moves.

Drake is the same way, his music has him running billboard, he's one of the highest paid musicians, super famous etc etc. in the overall scheme of hiphop he will be remembered as a great, but when really placed against the top of the top tier, we know he don't belong in that club.

However the Fans & Media (Some of whom are actually really knowledgeable in music) continue to Push that narrative even while knowing project wise dude has been pretty mediocre for years now.

Majority of Drake fans and these new age Media pundits are NOT knowledgeable about. That’s a lie. And therein lies the problem. Simply put, his fans do not know music

Krit was grouped in w/ Cole, Kendrick, Sean, Drake, Khalifa, Wale & Meek Mill. There's a reason he doesn't have the success that they have & it wasn't just Def Jam.

Gotta stop this s****. Desiigner arguably had a bigger commercial than Krit.... but he’s NOWHERE near the echelon Krit is on. Or close to being as great as KRIT. Again, I’m glad I don’t hang with some of y’all. Clearly don’t know music and clearly jus my follow groupthink logic. Krit a legend

Y’all bumping Krit when y’all got broads over?

You still in high school? Hunching to music? If a b**** EVER tell me what kind of music to play, I’m dropping her a**** and running her purse. FYI, my shorty from New Orleans names Jas has requested Krit plenty of times. Some of y’all are uncultured with no soul so, it’s cool.

Last edited:
Drake and Steph got way more in-line. It's almost too perfect of a comparison. :lol:

Negative. Steph never was a try-hard and he came into the NBA with tons of detractors and people who were against him. He showed and proved. Bruh earned everything.

Again, Drake is in a era of modern music which has fans who support anything, literally are followers of trends and have short attention spans. Truthfully, music isn’t in a bad place as far as abundance but the fans, smh. The fans are trash. Drake and 69 are PERFECT dichotomies of the modern day music fan. The Meek Vs Drake battle really showed me the current state of music. Frigging corporations and companies like ESPN and whatnot all siding with Drake and trying to slight Meek. S**** was awful to see

Gotta stop this s****. Desiigner arguably had a bigger commercial than Krit.... but he’s NOWHERE near the echelon Krit is on. Or close to being as great as KRIT. Again, I’m glad I don’t hang with some of y’all. Clearly don’t know music and clearly jus my follow groupthink logic. Krit a legend
I wasn't basing **** off hits. I barely even listen to just songs, most of you in here listen to just songs & everywhere in general don't listen to albums. I listen to full albums, mini albums, eps, mixtapes, etc and base artist off that. Krit wasn't delivered when it mattered. Anyway, when the **** did I mention hits? Huh? When?

Krit & those other 7 are peers, and were seen as leaders of the new school. Those were the ppl ppl looked forward to dropping and always talked about. Some blew up more than crazy (Drake, Cole, and Kendrick), others fell into a comfortable position (Wiz, Meek, and Sean), and the others dewindled (Krit & Wale).

And Krit is not a legend. I swear ppl are too charitable w/ that word. Vince Staples is one how my favourites rappers, never dropped a dub, I even spent damn near the last of money at the time on "Summer 06." Now I saw all that to unbiasedly say this; homie wouldn't be a legend if he dropped dead right now. **** out here. You the type to hear 3 songs u like on a record for the 1st time & say "diz a classic ***, dat boi spazzin." A legend :lol:

I wasn't basing **** off hits. I barely even listen to just songs, most of you in here listen to just songs & everywhere in general don't listen to albums. I listen to full albums, mini albums, eps, mixtapes, etc and base artist off that. Krit wasn't delivered when it mattered. Anyway, when the **** did I mention hits? Huh? When?

Krit & those other 7 are peers, and were seen as leaders of the new school. Those were the ppl ppl looked forward to dropping and always talked about. Some blew up more than crazy (Drake, Cole, and Kendrick), others fell into a comfortable position (Wiz, Meek, and Sean), and the others dewindled (Krit & Wale).

And Krit is not a legend. I swear ppl are too charitable w/ that word. Vince Staples is one how my favourites rappers, never dropped a dub, I even spent damn near the last of money at the time on "Summer 06." Now I saw all that to unbiasedly say this; homie wouldn't be a legend if he dropped dead right now. **** out here. You the type to hear 3 songs u like on a record for the 1st time & say "diz a classic ***, dat boi spazzin." A legend :lol:

.... there’s 300 or so FBS college football teams. 300 QBs. There are 32 NFL teams. Which means only 32 available spots for you to play QB at the professional level. THE ODDS are always stacked against you. Even if you were a 5 star recruit. Everyone is not going to be a household name, but that does not discredit their skills.
Which is basically my point about KRIT. Everyone is not going to be super popular.

And you go bring up Doom. That dude ain’t my cup of tea AT ALL. I wasn’t listening to him in 2004, damn sure not 2020.

We all know plenty dudes who were great athletes growing up that we might’ve went to school with. Everyone isn’t going to make it. Which is cool.

KRIT forever getting played by me. You just said KRIT ain’t have success at Def Jam. I make a comment about desiigner and his trash a**** music then you go and contradict yourself.

Then you ASSUME that we don’t listen to albums or mixtapes in their entirety. That’s where you fall short :lol: :lol: :rofl:

.... there’s 300 or so FBS college football teams. 300 QBs. There are 32 NFL teams. Which means only 32 available spots for you to play QB at the professional level. THE ODDS are always stacked against you. Even if you were a 5 star recruit. Everyone is not going to be a household name, but that does not discredit their skills.
Which is basically my point about KRIT. Everyone is not going to be super popular.

And you go bring up Doom. That dude ain’t my cup of tea AT ALL. I wasn’t listening to him in 2004, damn sure not 2020.

We all know plenty dudes who were great athletes growing up that we might’ve went to school with. Everyone isn’t going to make it. Which is cool.

KRIT forever getting played by me. You just said KRIT ain’t have success at Def Jam. I make a comment about desiigner and his trash a**** music then you go and contradict yourself.

Then you ASSUME that we don’t listen to albums or mixtapes in their entirety. That’s where you fall short :lol: :lol: :rofl:
Listen duke, I ain’t contradict ****, and I have never said ppl have to be popular. I was touching on notoriety. What is the one thing Whale always complain about not getting? Notoriety. Notoriety and popularity ain’t the same thing. I don't think he Whale wants to be popular, but I do think he wants to mentioned w/ the greats, but he popular b/c ppl don't like him as a person. Krit in his many failed attempts at mainstream popularity has lost a ton of his overall popularity & his notoriety took an even bigger hit.

All Krit had/has to do is stay in his lane & stop chasing a position not meant for him. Look at someone like a Tyler, the Creator. Homie just been doing him, not chasing radio hits, taking chances w/ his music & evolving as an artist now he's bigger than the 1st time he peaked.

And u stay making stupid *** generalizations that would pertain to you as well b/c we in the same age group. YOU ARE LITERALLY THE STEREOTYPED HIPSTER OF YOUR GENERATION. You would love Brooklyn or San Fransisco. Go to Brooklyn or San Fransisco.

You watch wrestling? Well one time Ronda Rousey threw shots at Becky Lynch for being a millennial. Becky is dead 2 days older than Ronda. Becky: January 30, 1987. Ronda: February 1, 1987. You be one dumb **** like Ronda, don't be one that dumb **** like Ronda. Ol "I was born in the wrong generation" headass. Shut up.

Back
Top Bottom