Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think you're looking at the problem backwards.

you have to understand that Beastie boys literally were around when hip-hop was forged from the ashes of poverty and drugs in downtown crazy white boys and Puerto Ricans and break dancers and punk rock dudes..

a lot of those guitar riffs and things that you would associate with Suburban rock with hip hop appeal was actually an organic feature of Beastie boys.

if you look at Beastie boys from a rap mechanical point of view they were a rap group stuck in da 80s flow wise and instead of altering like LL Cool J and there are other contemporaries they remained with that 80s b-boy flow and literally we're stuck in a time capsule, their production started to incorporate more grungy sounds when Nirvana and Pearl Jam and stuff started to make their rounds but rapping wise they were literally a 1969 charger while da rest of hiphop was on 300ZX nissans.

imagine if Beastie boys had to collaborate with NWA, their style would mesh very well with their first album but would be out of step by 1991.

Beastie boys old 80s flow still sounded good with guitar riffs that's why you're making da extrapolation that it's more Linkin Park and limp Bizkit than traditional rap.

in conclusion Beastie boys are basically old 80's rappers that didn't have to evolved because they had punk rock sensibilities which allowed them to retain their original 80s yelling rap flow and repurpose it two more GarageBand friendly sounds. their original DNA is later seen in groups you've named because Beastie boys ruled Suburban America.
Beastie Boys were amongst the 1st if not the 1st rap group w/ mainstream notoriety to go full on w/ being "experimental." Literally every single one of their albums r hip hop albums.

Beastie Boys were amongst the 1st if not the 1st rap group w/ mainstream notoriety to go full on w/ being "experimental." Literally every single one of their albums r hip hop albums.

you're right, that said....

if da Beastie boys were Earth and Hip-Hop was da sun then check your head and Ill communication would be da farthest orbit they took from hiphop....comprede?

Literally every single one of their albums r hip hop albums

outta their 2 least hip hop albums, ill communication would be it, check your head incorporates live instruments but they're is still WILD scratching and samples....

sometimes people act like license to Ill didn't have wild guitar riffs and stuff.

one of da many what-ifs i play in my head is if Beastie boys didn't get try to get ganked by Russell Simmons what their career trajectory would have took with continued Def Jam influence through da 90s....

Mozzy, Durk, Lil Baby joints been on 3peat :pimp:

Y’all missing out!

if u really cared about mozzy, ya should've made a thread/bump an existing thread where his project could get thoroughly digested.

random quipping about it here is a sure-fire way for everybody to ignore it...

if u really cared about mozzy, ya should've made a thread/bump an existing thread where his project could get thoroughly digested.

random quipping about it here is a sure-fire way for everybody to ignore it...

_ this ain't 2007, dudes ain't really bumping individual threads like that. We get put on to new projects/artists all the time in here.

_ this ain't 2007, dudes ain't really bumping individual threads like that.

yo Duke how you sound when this thread is only as old as da everyday daily struggle show? >D :lol:

if a artist is making good music his thread should be properly highlighted and his album should be thoroughly discussed.

this is why this section is trash. if I signed up to niketalk yesterday and I decided to look 4 new music that I haven't been put on yet how do I even know its even good when no one makes a thread or bumps da old one to talk about it?

yo Duke how you sound when this thread is only as old as da everyday daily struggle show? >D :lol:

if a artist is making good music his thread should be properly highlighted and his album should be thoroughly discussed.

this is why this section is trash. if I signed up to niketalk yesterday and I decided to look 4 new music that I haven't been put on yet how do I even know its even good when no one makes a thread or bumps da old one to talk about it?

leave

Mo you just started coming in here, quoting **** from 2 weeks ago and ****. :lol:

tumblr_mj0mg3Z0u01qfzg3fo9_250.gif

Back
Top Bottom