Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We get that :lol:

Again so Buffalo is in Canada? Buffalo culturally is Canada?

This is almost like when people try to include Baltimore and the state of Virginia in the DMV.

That wasn't the point :lol:

Buffalo to Canada distance is probably shorter than Silver Springs to DC. Buffalo has little in common with New York City other than their license plates and the state they pay their taxes too.

Yep, it’s similar to Seattle’s proximity to Canada and zero people Seattle “is basically Canada”

Rethink that b.

Buffalo to New York might as well be Las Vegas to Seattle

Think we all know that but right now there is no new NYC rappers f'n with them at all. Even the older rappers who are having identity crisis. Gresilda know who they are and it's like take it or leave it.
I mean first off what is a new NYC rapper? Who is hot and new to be showing love anyway? :nerd: Besides a lot of these new dudes is on a different sound wave anyway.

Veteran NYC rappers have shown love. That should be enough.

All that aside, the idea of NY rappers not showing love to each other aint new at all. A lot of what was showing love in the past was cuz dudes knew each other before their first hit and the rest is cuz they were label mates.

Unlike the 80s, 90s, and 00s there has not been a next generation of NYC rappers to keep things going. Anybody from NYC that had a hit in 2010 aint around now. Not much longevity. This is something I saw coming. You add that with other regions getting their turn to run rap and sounds and gimmicks stop being regional its not really a shock with the current state of things.

Last edited:
As far as distance, seriously how many of yall have made that bus trip or train ride to Buffalo from the boroughs?

Buffalo is one of the top 10 or 20 most dangerous cities in the country
Place is Winterfell 3/4ths of the year. Of course.

Last edited:
In a perfect world Retch would be in the boom bap renaissance convo rn :smh: he was on it 7-8 years ago too

Polo Sportings Goods a classic tape for me

Last edited:
That wasn't the point :lol:

Buffalo to Canada distance is probably shorter than Silver Springs to DC. Buffalo has little in common with New York City other than their license plates and the state they pay their taxes too.

Rethink that b.

Buffalo to New York might as well be Las Vegas to Seattle

Again, we get that. :lol:

So what does Buffalo have in common culturally to Canada? They sound the same? Bump the same music? Same slang?

Basically what y'all saying is Buffalo is it's own thing culturally.

Buffalo more dangerous than gentrified NYC???? :nerd::nerd:
probably/ nothing better there to do, but make snow men.
Think we all know that but right now there is no new NYC rappers f'n with them at all. Even the older rappers who are having identity crisis. Gresilda know who they are and it's like take it or leave it.
I don't fully agree, i like the "weird" kids in brooklyn/manhattan, but i don't expect everyone to like that.
I mean first off what is a new NYC rapper? Who is hot and new to be showing love anyway? :nerd: Besides a lot of these new dudes is on a different sound wave anyway.

Veteran NYC rappers have shown love. That should be enough.

All that aside, the idea of NY rappers not showing love o each other aint new at all. A lot of what was showing love in the past was cuz dudes knew each other before their first hit and the rest is cuz they were label mates.

Unlike the 80s, 90s, and 00s there has not been a next generation of NYC rappers to keep things going. Anybody from NYC that had a hit in 2010 aint around now. Not much longevity. This is something I saw coming. You add that with other regions getting their turn to run rap and sounds and gimmicks stop being regional its not really a shock with the current state of things.
That is such a bs narrative probably steaming from HOV or 50. NY has always showed love to one another, especially in the underground.

That is such a bs narrative probably steaming from HOV or 50. NY has always showed love to one another, especially in the underground.
Your ADHD must be acting up again. Don't know what I'm actually talking about.

Or you simply dont know how close knit the NYC rappers who made it in the 80s and 90s actually were and how many of them were on the same label.

Last edited:
Again, we get that. :lol:

So what does Buffalo have in common culturally to Canada? They sound the same? Bump the same music? Same slang?

Basically what y'all saying is Buffalo is it's own thing culturally.
Culturally it depends how you wanna examine it.

When NYC was getting cleaned up the crackheads and hookers had to go somewhere. Some went to NJ, some to Conneticut, some upstate.

Buffalo being that far away from even Yonkers makes it hard to say they were on the same page as us culturally. If they were it wasn't at the same pace.

Dudes are really underestimating the trek from there to here.

Back
Top Bottom