Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

terrace martin , robert glasper , kamasi washington and the battle tested war general 9th wonder . don't know where else this should go

peep the album if you haven't already (dinner party) . lot's of lo-fi chill hop stuff got played out over the past few years , by beatmakers and instrumentalists alike . overnight hip hop "heads" and all that . . guess i can't complain when people are introduced to this music because it really is beauty in sonic form , made with turntables and a dream . it's funny to me that folks who were dissing hip hop as recently as a few years ago (mostly from instrumentalists) all of a sudden want to jam on that dilla vibe / drunk (off beat) feel . hip hop is the one thing that gave me hope in so many successes/failures of my life . from the moment i started swiping albums from my uncle's cd tower in my grandma's garage , to right now . i'm addicted to it . through the skateboard filming missions , sneaking out / taking my moms whip to write my name on a wall & through the bizarre ride (2 da pharcyde!!) of life's roller coaster of emotions - i take this **** seriously because i love it . even though i'm working hard everyday at this jazz music i know where my roots are and i will always defend the music that shaped who i am as an individual today

these guys are spearheading new musical explorations in the fusion between jazz , hip hop , soul , r&b - hope i can do the same 1 day . just my 2 cents , had a rough morning at work today but it's getting better by sitting in my man cave and just listening after a bike ride . gonna take a shower and go practice piano now . have a good day yall

I think it's a good chance he would have ended up like Desiigner chasing his biggest hit and never reaching it.
I somewhat agree but without the jail sentence. When he gets out he will have the post jail hype which increases the potential for another hit. I wish him the best tho. He was in street stuff and rapped about it and when the ugly side came he stayed solid. I salute that

I somewhat agree but without the jail sentence. When he gets out he will have the post jail hype which increases the potential for another hit. I wish him the best tho. He was in street stuff and rapped about it and when the ugly side came he stayed solid. I salute that

I think Turkey's situation might scare labels now. I think before even if he didn't have a hit when he got out, a label would have thrown big money at him and provided some hits for him if he couldn't produce them.

He murked someone. F**** that n_. And his crew

Where did you get that from?

He got caught in a rico mob gang activity indictment that ended in a weapon plea.

He murked someone. F**** that n_. And his crew. I really don’t care either. I never liked him or his crew mates. So, lol. IDC what becomes of him.

What? He got caught on basically a gang injunction. "People in this gang did this, you're in the gang so you're guilty too". If they had him doing anything to that extent he woulda got way more time.

"People in this gang did this, you're in the gang so you're guilty too".

1600744974318.png

terrace martin , robert glasper , kamasi washington and the battle tested war general 9th wonder . don't know where else this should go

peep the album if you haven't already (dinner party) . lot's of lo-fi chill hop stuff got played out over the past few years , by beatmakers and instrumentalists alike . overnight hip hop "heads" and all that . . guess i can't complain when people are introduced to this music because it really is beauty in sonic form , made with turntables and a dream . it's funny to me that folks who were dissing hip hop as recently as a few years ago (mostly from instrumentalists) all of a sudden want to jam on that dilla vibe / drunk (off beat) feel . hip hop is the one thing that gave me hope in so many successes/failures of my life . from the moment i started swiping albums from my uncle's cd tower in my grandma's garage , to right now . i'm addicted to it . through the skateboard filming missions , sneaking out / taking my moms whip to write my name on a wall & through the bizarre ride (2 da pharcyde!!) of life's roller coaster of emotions - i take this **** seriously because i love it . even though i'm working hard everyday at this jazz music i know where my roots are and i will always defend the music that shaped who i am as an individual today

these guys are spearheading new musical explorations in the fusion between jazz , hip hop , soul , r&b - hope i can do the same 1 day . just my 2 cents , had a rough morning at work today but it's getting better by sitting in my man cave and just listening after a bike ride . gonna take a shower and go practice piano now . have a good day yall

This is some really chill easy listening stuff. Feels like something Little Brother would’ve appeared on

Last edited:
Keep him until 2050. Trash music. Man is a one hit (dance) wonder. I don’t understand the appeal...
What part of the game is this? You don't like his music so you want the man to stay locked up?
He murked someone. F**** that n_. And his crew. I really don’t care either. I never liked him or his crew mates. So, lol. IDC what becomes of him.
My *****, ****isutalkinboutt?
You want a black man you don’t know to stay in jail because you don’t like his music. You sound like a thot, take two seats.
1D0698C1-077E-4B63-A657-2B704887DD7A.gif

Back
Top Bottom