Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Travis with the Gimmicks :lol:. Knew damn well, nobody was rocking with that song. I hope it becomes clearer to everyone just how mid he is as an “artist”. Hiding behind features, packaging, production, biting, aesthetics, relationships, fashion and nostalgia. It’s all hollow.

Black Post Malone @RIP Screw
INNER CITY HOUSTON’s finest HOU$TON HOU$TON

I know I hardly listen to the radio, but I have never heard this song at all. Nothing on tv, no outside functions, nobody’s cars, zero resonance at all :lol: this is so weird cause his music is generally everywhere, which lets you know at least with this song, it’s 100% planted on the charts. That’s 69 status to have your songs not actually heard, debut #1, then instantly falls to 170.

I know I hardly listen to the radio, but I have never heard this song at all. Nothing on tv, no outside functions, nobody’s cars, zero resonance at all :lol: this is so weird cause his music is generally everywhere, which lets you know at least with this song, it’s 100% planted on the charts. That’s 69 status to have your songs not actually heard, debut #1, then instantly falls to 170.
I didn't even know that he released a song.

Travis with the Gimmicks :lol:. Knew damn well, nobody was rocking with that song. I hope it becomes clearer to everyone just how mid he is as an “artist”. Hiding behind features, packaging, production, biting, aesthetics, relationships, fashion and nostalgia. It’s all hollow.

I never got the trav glorification. But I'm a middle aged man in a young man's game so I figured I just didnt get it.

But ya, agree with you

Travis with the Gimmicks. Hiding behind features, packaging, production, biting, aesthetics, relationships, fashion and nostalgia. It’s all hollow.

Sounds about like 100% of the modern music industry and a lot of other things currently. But yet AGAIN, you pick and choose....

I expect this type of stance from you though.

Speaking of fashion and rap. Grailed.com e-mailed me this..... I FEEL SO DISRESPECTED. N_ never looked at Wayne for style cues :lol: :rofl:

68F2738E-95B3-47AB-9070-844159C06659.jpeg

Ushered in the modern day merchandise game :pimp: :pimp: took notes from 80s and 90s tour merchandise and did his thing
You think Odd Future & Kanye did that? Pop up shops, exclusivity, having resale, etc?

Travis is whoring the hell out of his merch now. He taxes like crazy, took away the exclusivity, it takes forever to ship, & the quality is mediocre.

You think Odd Future & Kanye did that? Pop up shops, exclusivity, having resale, etc?

Travis is whoring the hell out of his merch now. He taxes like crazy, took away the exclusivity, it takes forever to ship, & the quality is mediocre.

All 3 sort of. I think they all deserve credit. Along with ASAP mob. A lot this fast fashion is trash in quality. It is what it is

Sounds about like 100% of the modern music industry and a lot of other things currently. But yet AGAIN, you pick and choose....

I expect this type of stance from you though.

No :lol:. There are only like 2-3 people at Travis success level/lane that fit that Bill. One is Drake, and he’s decidedly better at making music than Travis. But he too uses similar tools, so that applies to him as well. But he’s clearly a better artist/rapper etc.

Edit* : Big Sean & Chance were in this lane too.

No :lol:. There are only like 2-3 people at Travis success level/lane that fit that Bill. One is Drake, and he’s decidedly better at making music than Travis. But he too uses similar tools, so that applies to him as well. But he’s clearly a better artist/rapper etc.

Edit* : Big Sean & Chance were in this lane too.

Travis has NEVER proclaimed himself as the GOAT or acts like he’s edgy, hood, or amazing with the pen. He literally makes feel good music.

Drake on the other hand is the complete opposite. Trav ain’t harming anyone

MISSOURI CITY, TEXAS’ FINEST

I was listening to a new Travis song and he was literally just stringing random words together saying nothing :smh:

None of what you talking about, has anything to do with what I’m talking about 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

You said drake is the better ARTIST/RAPPER which is my point. You’re comparing him
to Drake, and Travis isn’t even attempting to match sound, song and style with Drake. He has his own and style and pocket suitable for him. You can’t compare him to Drake when he isn’t even in competition with Drake

Back
Top Bottom