Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Well the streaming service market is saturated and not sure what Tidal has done to sway competition away from the major players.

Tidal has given access to albums early(Kanye, Jay, Beyonce) and has also streamed concerts from Lil Wayne and Rick Ross to Made In America

Meaning, they've produced a product for black people, but too many of us try to make them rich instead of empowering and enriching our own.

Even though there's no guarantee, empowering those who might have came from less fortunate situations in order for them to give back could help, at the same time, things just tell me you have to ultimately help yourself.

Even though there's no guarantee, empowering those who might have came from less fortunate situations in order for them to give back could help, at the same time, things just tell me you have to ultimately help yourself.

huh?

It’s crazy to think that for a $10 a month you can stream pretty much everything yet millions of people would still rather just try and download that **** :lol:

The sad thing is people don't even see it.

When it comes to us. Well what am I getting for my money? What do you get special from anyone else? You need a hook up to buy black. You have to prove why you should buy from them, instead of wanting to support your own. ****s backwards. Meanwhile you have all these arabs and asians in our community with terrible customer service and prejudices and we don't make them work for our dollar.

I was going to get something to eat today, and thought on MLK Day I can't see myself going anywhere else than a black owned spot.

Lol @ 10:35 Lil Baby did the exact same **** when Vlad pulled out some random anecdote from them doing some street **** that was pre-fame. They need to rename this channel Vlad PD.

Last edited:
For real, who cares what a troll like this says? Lol

Lil-Uzi-Vert-photo.jpg

He probably let a Harvey Weinstein do something strange to him for that slave deal he got.

If you really care about an artist and want to see them paid fairly, especially the guys who aren't major mainstream artist, then how about you actually purchase their music and go to their shows. Even if you have to stream some **** if you end up really liking it why not buy the actual album or EP at a later date. You should want to own your music, the streaming services can remove someone's whole catalog without notice and if that's your main option for music you'd be screwed in terms of that artist. Some of these rappers/indie labels have their own services where you can purchase the music directly from them and download it to a device.

You can even upload it after purchase to personal network storage and stream it yourself from your phone. Streaming is convenient but if you really want to support as you claim the best way today is to buy the music, not pay a 3rd party for the ability to play it.

If you really care about an artist and want to see them paid fairly, especially the guys who aren't major mainstream artist, then how about you actually purchase their music and go to their shows. Even if you have to stream some **** if you end up really liking it why not buy the actual album or EP at a later date. You should want to own your music, the streaming services can remove someone's whole catalog without notice and if that's your main option for music you'd be screwed in terms of that artist. Some of these rappers/indie labels have their own services where you can purchase the music directly from them and download it to a device.

You can even upload it after purchase to personal network storage and stream it yourself from your phone. Streaming is convenient but if you really want to support as you claim the best way today is to buy the music, not pay a 3rd party for the ability to play it.

It’s mucj more fun to get on a forum and cry about the machine :pimp:

i might be the only one in here to say this but as a youngin i ****ed with the chris brown and tyga fan of a fan tape. like that used to be my ****.

the snippet of this leaked in 09 and this came out before Ye’s did :lol:

Tyga had a good run of mixtapes and was making good music before Rack City. He even had people campaigning for him to be on The Motto when it dropped.

Also, Tidal messed up on the rollout when it first came out. Using a bunch of wealthy and well established artists to complain about money in a commercial wasn’t the best idea. I think they should have gathered a bunch of poppin “independent” artists at the time (Chance, Vic Mensa, etc.) to tell consumers that Tidal is gonna be the wave and this is how you stay independent.

What artists are really worth spending 10 dollars on? Like for real!? Besides a handful of elite vets This rap **** now is str8 poison.

Back
Top Bottom