Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Also, Tidal messed up on the rollout when it first came out. Using a bunch of wealthy and well established artists to complain about money in a commercial wasn’t the best idea. I think they should have gathered a bunch of poppin “independent” artists at the time (Chance, Vic Mensa, etc.) to tell consumers that Tidal is gonna be the wave and this is how you stay independent.

Tidal came into hard market to penetrate. You got Drake moving millions of his fans to Apple music and Apple happening to be the most popular phone and millions of people who will never leave Apple and will be with Apple music lifers. Then you got Android users who got Google music preloaded, you add in Spotifys user base Pandora etc, it's hard to draw people away unless you have artists like Kanye , Bey, Jay-Z, supposedly Prince etc to grab market share. So adding sprint and their users was a great look to try and keep users if Tidal was preloaded already on their phones.
So I think their appeal was to the artists so the artists to can bring their fans. You see how salty drake is now he realized he shoulda got way more than he was paid from Apple

yeah i used to love that ****. I remember *****s dougie’ing and jerking in the road too lol.

i was TI$A and Starter jackets all the way my freshman high school. Miss those days.

wholesale-tisa-nba-boston-celtics-white-with-green-snapback-hat-7794.jpg

and yeah its crazy YG went from toot it and boot it to where he is now. I used to **** with his just re’d up tapes.

It’s crazy how long ago that seems.

i might be the only one in here to say this but as a youngin i ****ed with the chris brown and tyga fan of a fan tape. like that used to be my ****.

the snippet of this leaked in 09 and this came out before Ye’s did :lol:

Idc what anyone says that fan of a fan was dope af!!! Classic to me.

Fan of a fan
Kush and OJ
So far gone

THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!! #takemeback

Man homie from New Boyz is clearly not about that life and he found himself in that situation because of an argument over $50 and prob some other stuff too :smh: . He kept on trying to hold himself together with some "tough talk" but if he wasn't on camera he'd probably cry a lot more. IDK about going into that many details in an interview tho especially with such a recent situation.

I remember my friend used to call them the "New ******" :lol:

Tidal came into hard market to penetrate. You got Drake moving millions of his fans to Apple music and Apple happening to be the most popular phone and millions of people who will never leave Apple and will be with Apple music lifers. Then you got Android users who got Google music preloaded, you add in Spotifys user base Pandora etc, it's hard to draw people away unless you have artists like Kanye , Bey, Jay-Z, supposedly Prince etc to grab market share. So adding sprint and their users was a great look to try and keep users if Tidal was preloaded already on their phones.
So I think their appeal was to the artists so the artists to can bring their fans. You see how salty drake is now he realized he shoulda got way more than he was paid from Apple

It's an uphill battle for them but just bases on how often a Tidal hit piece comes out in the media i think the big players have their eyes on em. Also Prince family going against his will & dealing with other platforms was extremely disrespectful to him. That would have been a HUGE draw for tidal also.

I hope Kanye goes fully independent if he ain't gonna stick with Tidal, because if he goes the Apple route SMFH. Drake really should be thinking about linking with them but him & Hov always seem to have a tricky relationship also.

Also, Tidal messed up on the rollout when it first came out. Using a bunch of wealthy and well established artists to complain about money in a commercial wasn’t the best idea. I think they should have gathered a bunch of poppin “independent” artists at the time (Chance, Vic Mensa, etc.) to tell consumers that Tidal is gonna be the wave and this is how you stay independent.

i said this same **** when it happened and it was the perfect time because chance and vic and **** hadnt really blown like that yet.

tidal had alotta exclusives from people who I don’t check for new music wise

don’t listen to kanye or beyonce

4:44 was cool but I’ve only listened to it bout 2 times

don’t care bout concerts or jay interviews either

It's an uphill battle for them but just bases on how often a Tidal hit piece comes out in the media i think the big players have their eyes on em. Also Prince family going against his will & dealing with other platforms was extremely disrespectful to him. That would have been a HUGE draw for tidal also.

I hope Kanye goes fully independent if he ain't gonna stick with Tidal, because if he goes the Apple route SMFH. Drake really should be thinking about linking with them but him & Hov always seem to have a tricky relationship also.

Tidal is just having a slow burn into success compared to how hov wanted to turn out.

kylie and trying to remake rack city over and over ****ed his career up.

well done 1 and careless world were dope.

Black Thoughts 2 was good too.
Just listened to I’m So Raw again. :pimp:

Fly *****, I don’t wear it if it’s in the mall
Seen it on the blogs, these ************* cost
Yves Saint Laurent, you can tell by the fonts
Walk like I’m drunk, swagga so ugh
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I’m feeling myself, no ho-ho-ho-homo
Hold that beat, pour that more ro-ro-ro-roso
Rosè, you bozos
Couldn’t speak what I’m on
You would need Rosetta Stone
All these ****** are clones, we be originals
Young Money seminoles, tribe full of generals
Don’t ask me ****, unless it’s in a interview ***** :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Missed the Hoodrich Pablo Jaun appreciation....but that ***** a star in the making.

He one hit away. This should be a hit....hasn’t caught on nationally.......but it’s been bubbling

Yet people still have their lame excuses for not wanting to support tidal. Folks are pro black till it comes for supporting their product.
i disagree
im all for supporting black owned business
what i dont like
is when the black owned business
expect ur for u to support them
but their services aren't up to par
as well as unprofessional
idc who race owns or runs the business
if it gives bad service i aint supporting
not saying tidal isn't but just using an example

Missed the Hoodrich Pablo Jaun appreciation....but that ***** a star in the making.

He one hit away. This should be a hit....hasn’t caught on nationally.......but it’s been bubbling

its right on that bubble. its played everywhere down here but im in the south.

this deserves to go too:

i disagree
im all for supporting black owned business
what i dont like
is when the black owned business
expect ur for u to support them
but their services aren't up to par
as well as unprofessional
idc who race owns or runs the business
if it gives bad service i aint supporting
not saying tidal isn't but just using an example

That's not a good enough excuse. All black owned businesses aren't how you described it. Your response makes it seem like that's how the majority operates, when that's not the truth. You don't have to just simply support any black owned business because they're black, but at the same time there are other businesses as you described, yet we blindly support them anyway. Why not support our own? Too many of us expect deals and extra **** and are way more critical when it comes to supporting our own, but will gladly put money in the hands of people who don't give a **** about us.

That's not a good enough excuse. All black owned businesses aren't how you described it. Your response makes it seem like that's how the majority operates, when that's not the truth. You don't have to just simply support any black owned business because they're black, but at the same time there are other businesses as you described, yet we blindly support them anyway. Why not support our own? Too many of us expect deals and extra **** and are way more critical when it comes to supporting our own, but will gladly put money in the hands of people who don't give a **** about us.
i didnt say or mean a majority of black businesses
and i dont EXPECT a deal
but ive seen people use that excuse about people always asking for deals
theres a whole website dedicated to folks getting deals
people want deals anywhere
or extra ****
im not trippin
if u got a good product
im there
but i do expect professionalism
and courtesy and thats from any business

If you really care about an artist and want to see them paid fairly, especially the guys who aren't major mainstream artist, then how about you actually purchase their music and go to their shows. Even if you have to stream some **** if you end up really liking it why not buy the actual album or EP at a later date. You should want to own your music, the streaming services can remove someone's whole catalog without notice and if that's your main option for music you'd be screwed in terms of that artist. Some of these rappers/indie labels have their own services where you can purchase the music directly from them and download it to a device.

You can even upload it after purchase to personal network storage and stream it yourself from your phone. Streaming is convenient but if you really want to support as you claim the best way today is to buy the music, not pay a 3rd party for the ability to play it.

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in supporting what I like. That goes for movies and music.

I think they did, but they wanted to make a splash

but you can't use the biggest artist out to promote the artist and promote compensating the artist properly.

The fans don't care about that. They aren't going to feel sorry for Rihanna when they see on Forbes she made 10+ million

Back
Top Bottom