Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm watching The Gangster Chronicles new episode with a dude from Dallas and he said there's been 2 dozen shootings in the city since Boosie got shot. Apparently Trapboy Freddy's brother got shot and his Mom's house got shot up.

Man I hope that ish dies down smh

I saw that in the synopsis. Going to listen later.

Listen to the Shawty Redd Interview from the 18:45 mark and how he mentions DJ Pauls approach to suing people who sample their stuff..... “let it blow up” :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: some of these young producers really don’t understand royalties and sampling other acts. Kind of like when Cardo sampled that song and they came after him. I think the “seen it all” track.

how a young producer wit no juice supposed to clear a Phil Collins sample or some **** wit no contact

Even pierre/Nudy/carti/interscope couldn’t clear the Japanese sample on Pissy Pamper/Kid Cudi (thus far from what we know)

there needs to be some service where u can automatically put in a sample and the og artist can automatically get paid from your song

how a young producer wit no juice supposed to clear a Phil Collins sample or some **** wit no contact

Even pierre/Nudy/carti/interscope couldn’t clear the Japanese sample on Pissy Pamper/Kid Cudi (thus far from what we know)

there needs to be some service where u can automatically put in a sample and the og artist can automatically get paid from your song

The automatic payment is.... monthly royalties, :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you created something and someone’s making money off it by copying it, dang right you want to get paid :lol:

frshstunna frshstunna wavycrocket wavycrocket

y’all up on John Wells?

8DB06D18-689D-4CA2-9D80-5F124E8A90F3.gif

The automatic payment is.... monthly royalties, :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you created something and someone’s making money off it by copying it, dang right you want to get paid :lol:

I'm saying some **** where it's automatically "cleared" when u put them into a service and they automatically get the money over time

As it stands now you can't put them down to get compensated for a record unless u can contact them, which is damn near impossible for a new/unknown/unconnected artist. There needs to be an app where any artist can input what they sampled and automatically the other act gets their quarterly royalties/publishing from it as opposed to having to contact them and then wait to see if they got up on right side of bed that day to reach back out

Nobody (hopefully) is against paying them royalties at all, it's just wack how they act like newer acts are automatically tryna steal as opposed to genuinely not being able to contact the OG artist

Lmao Phil Collins ain't responding to a random's DM about sampling him on a song that may get 5k streams in a year. But then when it blow mf would act like they was trying to get over lol

:lol: :smh:

Dude went viral so many times for antics but never could turn it into music buzz. He was on those Griselda type beats when I was still in HS.

This the type of n_ who only mess with people he know won’t do anything to him.

Back
Top Bottom