Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Carti had the best verse and his best track on the album he used the mandem accent and flows

I see why he called it a tape :lol:

War is crazy once you know what bro saying :lol:

War is one of dude's better tracks of the past few years imo.

Dark Lanes was cool in my book. A couple tracks were fire, but I could see why it's forgotten by some.

I know for a fact Toosie Slide grew on some of yall, but we don't have to talk about it. :lol:

They in that bucket, or at least trending there for sure. Their names and marketing + machine do the numbers for them. But at terms of what the pulse is, it’s passing them. Super more in tune, and tapping into what old *****s do, when they feeling uninspired. The youth.

I cannot wait to see what he does with BabyFace Ray. This is the 2nd time in his career where I feel like his back is on the wall in a creative way.

Agreed with this. He's always going to do solid releases, but I can see the onset of stagnation in terms of creativity.

It's crazy because I know his vault is crazy and they've got hits in the stash, so we'll see how the next few years go. His legend is solidified so it's whatever. Son been on a run for a decade. :smokin

Drake and future not in that bucket at all

This was a quiet year for drake , in a month when the album drops we will be back saying he’s the biggest rapper (pause)lol

Life is good was big

future dropped 2 good *** projects but let’s keep in mind we not allowed outside . **** not hitting the same.

This pandemic really has caused some singles to not get the traction they would’ve gotten before hand. Even though they may chart high and have videos, without the club scene and such, they basically just come and go. Could you imagine the amount of shimmying the Kappas would’ve done to Toosie Slide if there was no pandemic? The amount of twerk wind and backshot air women would be throwing to WAP??? Smh

yeah was tuned in most of it . Before it start being recorded. Some actually said drake should be higher and were slandering stove god 99% of the time smh

to be fair isn't this Bdot list? i think he's publicly said that Drake is close to surpassing Jay-z, Elliot just retweeted someone calling drake the BEST SONGWRITER OF ALL TIME.

Hiphop media loves this guy like their son :lol:

War is one of dude's better tracks of the past few years imo.

Dark Lanes was cool in my book. A couple tracks were fire, but I could see why it's forgotten by some.

I know for a fact Toosie Slide grew on some of yall, but we don't have to talk about it. :lol:

🥴

E25BD1DB-198A-46BD-BD3A-A3CDE2E1EB49.png

All the top tier ****** gonna drop back to back to back next year and we all gonna be rollin.

In terms of the next top tier convo we had a while back, throw Roddy in there if we didn’t.He seems a little more into the art of it than just dropping ****.

I've already said that we're just gonna disagree on that point, however there are celebs who did way more than Cube did for the Biden campaign. I'm talking full on endorsements, approval of his politics , actual fundraising etc etc... and actually played a huge part in getting him ELECTED.

Now when Biden is being pretty vocal about not sticking to the Agenda he promoted for the black community.... where is this almighty accountability that i heard was gonna be put on the administration? where is the outrage about the lack of support, where are the think pieces on how these black people won that administration the election, & less than a month later they gotta beg on Twitter to get a ****ing zoom invite.

It ain't gonna be none, because them checks cleared & they can't mess up future business, Same "intellectuals" who were accusing Cube of being a sellout & pawn, are sitting quiet while the guy they vouched for sends black people to the back of the line per usual.

Cube at least had intensions of actually trying to get **** changed, these other mf'ers march their people to stagnation for a check & a position.

At that meeting with "black leaders" Biden was flat out talking down to them. Telling them what they are and not gonna do. All them black celebrities and media folks that was pushing so hard for him got played. That's true mean of getting used. It's good some people are calling it out but what did they expect? He has no track record of doing anything to help black society. He does have one working against us. When he was for the 94 crime bill. Nothing is changing under him. Back to regular ol America.

Back
Top Bottom