Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Rigid *** sub genre’s is literally the exact opposite of what rap needs

nah. It’s EXACTLY what we need. Some of this stuff ain’t even rap anymore. I can’t call it...

And we’ve already gotten to that point. Why? Because rap “fans” are fickle and don’t even know or understand the history of the genre. A lot of this stuff ain’t rap (I’m not talking about Kodak, Lil Baby, etc. etc) some of these other so called rappers are not rappers

Rigid *** sub genre’s is literally the exact opposite of what rap needs

Disagree

We understand the grammy's might not see it one way, but we should.

Rock isn't just rock, rock has many subgenres. And it's just occurred since the 60's. The Chuck Berry and Little Richard was one genre. Then from the Elvis and Beatles evolution they began breaking off as people began expanding the genre.

Same with Jazz, Soul Music....

In a way the subgenre thing has developed with radio and regions.

It's New York, South, West Coast, Underground and Old School. But that was the 90's. Old School now is Nelly, 50 and Ja Rule. And a lot of New York now is a combo of Chicago and he south.

So those don't adequately describe the music being put out today.

“I got summer P in this thang”

nore an ******* 😂😂😂😂

1616079669124.jpeg

The Drama stuff is funny, because it stemmed from her being upset at him cheating.

She got dude back, I'm not going to get back at you with a random. I'm going to make it burn every time you play his songs :lol:

They essentially exist already just haven't been officially named imo.

each subgenre essentially uses a big mix of the same producers, same aesthetics, collab together, have separate playlist etc etc

Right loose sub genres already exist, this happens naturally

Genres originate from classification, naming things to make them easier to understand.

WE already understand the different pockets of rap, what do we gain by “officially” stratifying them?

At this point I think most people have done a good job of differentiating and putting certain rappers/artists in certain lanes.

Exactly

Genres originate from classification, naming things to make them easier to understand.
This.
Dudes tried to do this when trap was popping, auto tune dropped in, mumble rap.

But dudes wanna disagree if the person they rock with fall into a genre they **** on

Earl is a traditional rapper dawg. I’m talking about someone newer. Earl
10 years deep. Plus that song is NOTHING like teenage love. And Earl definitely ain’t no smooth, ladies man type dude. Try again.... Earl like 27 years old :lol: :lol: :lol:.

I said someone currently 19 y/o....

he’s RAPPING... do you hear any autotune, do you hear him yelling or screaming, using adlibs or onomatopoeias????

The game was wayyyyy more balanced back then. Now you got Rod Waves all over the place.

You were talking about subject matter, and said “emotions are not part of rap” :lol:. Don’t try to shift right now. Stand on that.

The game is more as wide open as ever. Let that sub genre be it’s lor sub genre.

Anyway, this what I’m on today :pimp:

Wonder when the joint with him and Future going drop.

Back
Top Bottom