Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think Wayne would have evolved anyway, because he used to listen to Jay. Just like how Jay or DMX's style evolved as they got older and styles changed.

Gillie has been milking that **** for 15 years though, and has no hit songs of his own. He's like the Dan Orlovsky judging QB's. I can take your word but so much, because you're not exactly Peyton Manning where you did it yourself.

Dudes a mediocre and forgettable rapper and isn't even Jae Millz or Cory Gunz. They can't necessarily make hits, but they can rap. Gillie is meh.

Jay and Nas are judged against Jay and Nas. A 4,000 yard season is nothing to Drew Brees.

Gillie done made a career off gossiping about other men but he a “street dude”...

At least Joe Budden has had hit songs and is transparent. And had highly regarded mixtapes as well. Gillie talk to much for a “Street dude”

Yeah, if Gillie stuck me up I'd shoot him. Wayne took his flow & ran w/ it, but they sound different lyrically. Wayne's the better rapper. Shouldn't have let man flow jack him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t think Wayne would’ve just naturally evolved into a Philly rapper :lol:

I think Gillie overstated how much he wrote but everybody got influences and he was clearly one of Wayne’s. He had the flow and cadence down

Gillie be corny on social media but Major Figgas is Philly legends

I’ve talked about this before on here but if you go back you can kinda tell Push nem got a lil of their setups and flow (which they then mixed with their VA ****) from running around in Philly with those dudes too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom