Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don’t think Wayne would’ve just naturally evolved into a Philly rapper :lol:

I think Gillie overstated how much he wrote but everybody got influences and he was clearly one of Wayne’s. He had the flow and cadence down

Gillie be corny on social media but Major Figgas is Philly legends

I’ve talked about this before on here but if you go back you can kinda tell Push nem got a lil of their setups and flow (which they then mixed with their VA ****) from running around in Philly with those dudes too

Malice and Push were born in the Bronx. There was really no Va ****. It was east coast specifically New York ****. Same with Philly.

The punchlines/metaphors that was east coast, New York since the 80's.

Listen to Philly from Steady B, EST and Cool C to Tracey Lee and RAM Squad. Where was the distinct Philly sound? What happen is that after State Property was they developed one and like all areas people copy what they think will work. That's why you had a bunch of Haddy clones, Meek clones, Quilly, Cassidy. Which morphed in to a Philly sound.

Major FIggas are Philly rap legends? They are? Yea That's Us? Did they leave a mark? Maybe because they got a deal, but separate that and Gillie was inferior to Spade, Dutch, Ab Liva and Bump J.

This was 97. They predated all of them.

Heard people playing it at a cookout last night

Do you expect 18 and 22 year olds to be playing it?

and Gillie is the wackest rapper from Philly with not one memorable song solo.
Nah, not talking about children. This was massively underwhelming.

I don't care about the messenger, I just agree with the message. I never heard one song from Gillie.

So it's coming out NOW? I mean, I guess, it was done.

Seems like it's a money grab, because they see how albums like XXX's, Pop Smoke's and Juicewrld's have done.

I trust Swizz, but from the way Waah was acting at the funeral....

So it's coming out NOW? I mean, I guess, it was done.

Seems like it's a money grab, because they see how albums like XXX's, Pop Smoke's and Juicewrld's have done.

I trust Swizz, but from the way Waah was acting at the funeral....

how was he acting at the funeral? genuine question I didn't see it

how was he acting at the funeral? genuine question I didn't see it

Dude was promoting his son and the next Ruff Ryders during the funeral. IMO you could tell he made them be a part of it, because its the biggest audience they've had. Anytime where you intentionally make your sons a bigger part of it than Drag On, it looks funny.

A lot that could have been done at the repass was done on the stage, during the funeral. Like introducing his sons to DMX's kids and handing them Ruff Ryders vest for photo opportunities. It was a good 30-45 minutes.

Dude was promoting his son and the next Ruff Ryders during the funeral. IMO you could tell he made them be a part of it, because its the biggest audience they've had. Anytime where you intentionally make your sons a bigger part of it than Drag On, it looks funny.

A lot that could have been done at the repass was done on the stage, during the funeral. Like introducing his sons to DMX's kids and handing them Ruff Ryders vest for photo opportunities. It was a good 30-45 minutes.

DAMN. That's awful man

Malice and Push were born in the Bronx. There was really no Va ****. It was east coast specifically New York ****. Same with Philly.

The punchlines/metaphors that was east coast, New York since the 80's.

Listen to Philly from Steady B, EST and Cool C to Tracey Lee and RAM Squad. Where was the distinct Philly sound? What happen is that after State Property was they developed one and like all areas people copy what they think will work. That's why you had a bunch of Haddy clones, Meek clones, Quilly, Cassidy. Which morphed in to a Philly sound.

Major FIggas are Philly rap legends? They are? Yea That's Us? Did they leave a mark? Maybe because they got a deal, but separate that and Gillie was inferior to Spade, Dutch, Ab Liva and Bump J.

This was 97. They predated all of them.

I was finna say! Malice and Pusha like 10 years older than Gillie :lol: :lol: :lol:

How old is Gillie BTW? Google says 37....

WOWWWWWWW smh. That’s terrible. It’s like Marcus Jordan or Tate Martell in football. If your sons trash, they trash. You can’t fix it.

WOWWWWWWW smh. That’s terrible. It’s like Marcus Jordan or Tate Martell in football. If your sons trash, they trash. You can’t fix it.

His oldest did a rap. It was cute when DMX's daughter did it, she was like seven. Dude is 20 something.

That funeral was so awkward, from the preacher(s) to cracked out Faith and Lyor and Lispy Simmons.

To be honest both of these outfits big *** but the point stands. That Gucci fit looks like Vintage spring/summer canal collection & himie spent a few racks on it :smh:

Back
Top Bottom