Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How do ya rank Meek with the rappers of this last decade?

like tiers wise, of that generation?

drake /Kendrick
Cole
Meek/ Sean / wiz / Cudi

that’s just off the top of my head, open to being wrong lol

It’s funny, y’all consistently leave FUTURE out of these convos.

And he’s as commercially and critically successful as all names mentioned. Just doesn’t fit the stereotype.

I’m referring to quality of music. Sean is *** now.

Now?
Now?

F3534F20-3DFF-4E4A-B0B2-F666C9251BAD.gif

And he’s as commercially and critically successful as all names mentioned. Just doesn’t fit the stereotype.
I have him top 10-15, just not sure of my personal order. My top four are Kendrick, Cole, Drake, and Future. The list gets blurry after that though.
:nerd:

Would love to see Kendrick/Drake drop the same day, everybody gets fed

Nah. Keep that ****. This reminds me of the corny graphic I used to see, grouping these 3 together as

82687D0E-6960-4A8D-AA3F-0C786EBF1153.jpeg

Baby & Durk doing a rebrand of this as “The Voice” and “The Hero”. Not feeling that either. But people eat it up :lol:.

Those guys got the ball now tho. Interested to see if they will be recognized as such.

Drake, Kendrick, Cole. Future, Travis (No order) just the most impactful from sales, skills, etc standpoint

Next tier is the Wale, Meek, Big Sean. Wanna say Wiz, but popularity standpoint, he was big as anyone in the above tier for a brief period.
Throw Rocky in there instead of Wiz and I’m rollin.

Naw , I rock with futures music heavy . I was just ranking that like 2 year rookie class.

That’s why I left baby , thug , future , trav, etc out

trav might be Tier A now with K. And drake . Future that second tier with Cole.

That stereotype is the common look/sound nowadays though.

Kodak, Cole, Drake, Kendrick, Future, Wale, Meek, Travis Scott, Uzi, Sean, Migos, ASAP Rocky, NBA, Chief Keef, Lil Baby, Durk, Young Thug

Those 15-16 dudes I mentioned embody the early 2010s - present, IMO

You can’t talk 2010 - 2021. Without those guys. A generation technically is 15 years so 2010 - 2025. Probably 4 or 5 more dudes will round out the top 20

Nobody gone say it but Durk been as consistent as Drake AND future for the past 8 years. Since 2013, dude been aa consistent as it gets. ALL of his projects are noteworthy.

Lil Herb/G Herbo in my top 10 of this era but I may be a minority

Back
Top Bottom