Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I been ******* wit durk since I’m still a hitta but he not close to future. Being around them atl ****** got him in his bag tho.

Love Future but this was an airball

SaveMe_Future.jpg

. Once Future took him under his wing his sound and quality went somewhere else.
This literally happened??

Them projects got some of my favorite joints on there. But there are quite a few skipable joints on there. Not trying to play from beginning to end...multiple times. It’s always like 7/16 songs that you take with you. And bump consistently...but not trying to play the whole project thru. Cuz it’s not as cohesive.

Hot take, but as repetitive as Polo G is, he got a better solo project than anything Durk put out. With his debut (Die a legend). And he a son of durkio. He’s not a better artist, or even makes better music at his height. Zbut that’s a cleaner/better project overall.

That’s the next step for Durk. To have that consensus project, that’s held up as the one for the year/summer etc. He’s yet to do that. He got some good ones. But he still ain’t got that “go to”. All he gotta do is tighten up and trim the fat. Shorty got all the talent and the formula right now.
Agree wit most of this (except that Polo G take... you wildin wit that 😂)
Durk definitely doesn’t have a cohesive body of work yet (thought the Voice was gonna be that) but everything he drops has atleast a few joints on it

Ya’ll always talking about “bodies” of work like this is the 90s or 2000s. Most stuff be loosies nowadays.

Durk been consistent for quite some time. I don’t care what y’all say.

Ya’ll always talking about “bodies” of work like this is the 90s or 2000s. Most stuff be loosies nowadays.

Durk been consistent for quite some time. I don’t care what y’all say.
To say somebody has been as consistent as someone for the past 8 years what else do we compare it to if the other guy has front to back complete project? YouTube streams? How many favorite songs? Durk hasn’t been close to future for no 8 year stretch, that ***** really just now finding his “sound” the last 3 or so years. He had a lot of decent tapes and good songs but he hasn’t had monster, bm, 56 nights and ds2 type b2b run.

I guess we can compare his last few years to baby and I’d say it’s more preference but baby has had the bigger songs.

Love Future but this was an airball

SaveMe_Future.jpg

This literally happened??

I really don’t even remember this project other than Government Official. He definitely made up for it with High Off Life though...but then he dropped that mid album with Uzi. People wanted that to be THE album so bad but it was just a polished turd.

Back
Top Bottom