Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

One name I’m not seeing that may be most consistent of the past 15 years aside from Kendrick and Drake...

1621379907728.jpeg

Durk released “This ain’t what you want” in 2013/2014. “L’s anthem in 2011 or 2012. He been consistent a loooooong time. N_s ain’t never had to question his ability to make songs.

Durk as consistent as future for the last 8 years? Everybody got a opinion I guess.

Not even getting on my usual stan schtick, but one put out as much music at a consistently great quality than Future. We don’t gotta talk about it though. :lol:

I’m not saying durk is as TALENTED as future. All I said was consistency. He ain’t ever really fall off. You could go back as far as 2011/2012 and vibe his music. 8 years deep, he’s consistent.

BIG FISH BIG FISH i rock with Durk heavy...but he don’t got consistent PROJECTS that you can go too. I can probably make an elite playlist/mixtape with Durk joints from 15-18. And that’s when he was really heating up/finding himself.

He in his prime right now tho. And he grinded a long way to get there. But he still a project of two away.

He got records I love out the *** tho

I’m about to get flamed for this take probably. :nerd:

as much as I like Durk, he’s not on the same level as baby.

Durk done leveled up from moving to the A....and with better associations. Namely Future, Meek & Baby he benefits from the most. The Drake look did wonders for him too.

His ascension to star status in the last two years was cool to watch. He made all the right moves (outside of that incident) And the labels finally pushed the button on him.

He a dope enough talent on his own. I just wish he’d put all his best records on one damn 12-15 song project, and be wise with the auto tune joints (which he’s improved a ton on). He got some timeless records already. You just gotta dig. But Durk on his way to being a superstar.

Last edited:
BIG FISH BIG FISH i rock with Durk heavy...but he don’t got consistent PROJECTS that you can go too. I can probably make an elite playlist/mixtape with Durk joints from 15-18. And that’s when he was really heating up/finding himself.

He in his prime right now tho. And he grinded a long way to get there. But he still a project of two away.

He got records I love out the *** tho
I disagree that he doesn’t have consistent projects bro
Even if I were being conservative I’d say he has at minimum 3 projects that are undeniable:
The Voice
JCYW2
STTS
but pretty much all of his projects since 2017 have gotten consistent spins from me at some point in time

I disagree that he doesn’t have consistent projects bro
Even if I were being conservative I’d say he has at minimum 3 projects that are undeniable:
The Voice
JCYW2
STTS
but pretty much all of his projects since 2017 have gotten consistent spins from me at some point in time

Them projects got some of my favorite joints on there. But there are quite a few skipable joints on there. Not trying to play from beginning to end...multiple times. It’s always like 7/16 songs that you take with you. And bump consistently...but not trying to play the whole project thru. Cuz it’s not as cohesive.

Hot take, but as repetitive as Polo G is, he got a better solo project than anything Durk put out. With his debut (Die a legend). And he a son of durkio. He’s not a better artist, or even makes better music at his height. Zbut that’s a cleaner/better project overall.

That’s the next step for Durk. To have that consensus project, that’s held up as the one for the year/summer etc. He’s yet to do that. He got some good ones. But he still ain’t got that “go to”. All he gotta do is tighten up and trim the fat. Shorty got all the talent and the formula right now.

Back
Top Bottom