Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think we've hit the tipping point where celebrities/people with followings are gonna start going the opposite of all this PC **** & doubling down, because they realize none of this cancellation works.

At a point i think artist are going to start saying IDGAF about offending people, because 90% of the time the outrage isn't coming from their fans.

Disagree, if you're a pop artist it can and will definitely cancel your opportunities.

Boosie can do it. He's not going to lose anything.

You think Da Baby will get an advertiser to promote their brand now? Nope, they'll move down the line to another rapper.

They didn’t get it right until 2016. It’s a reason why “One Dance” was Drake’s first #1.

The top 40 **** was hella racist. Eminem and a lot of white rappers dominated tho. Pure racism. I think I’ve talked about this a couple times every year on this.
How its reported on wikipedias are even racist:
How Taylor Swift's profile on her can "Speak Now debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 1,047,000 copies in its first week of release. It was just the 16th album in United States history to sell one million copies in a single week. Of the 1,047,000 copies sold in the first week, 769,000 were physical CDs and 278,000 were digital downloads."

So how I I can't update MBDTF w/ "Of the 720,000 copies sold in the first week, 496,000 were physical CDs and 224,000 were digital downloads."? Mind you these 2 albums came out the same year.

Just look at how their sales were reported from the same major media company (MTV) at the time:

They included all of the white girls sales (physical & digital) & only reported the physical for the black artist. This is how it's across most mediums btw. I be annoyed when hearing about Nicki Minaj sale spamming, but **** like this is why she does it. These racist mofo's be straight frontin & dying to take the piss outta Black artist. Nah, Give me my credit.

Last edited:
Disagree, if you're a pop artist it can and will definitely cancel your opportunities.

Boosie can do it. He's not going to lose anything.

You think Da Baby will get an advertiser to promote their brand now? Nope, they'll move down the line to another rapper.

If he keeps making music that people **** with.... yes. not to say he won't get any flack or some people won't shy away but most of these people's motivation is really the money & if the baby can make them some they will continue.

50 lets off a ****** monthly & got shows on every major network at this point. Money>>> people's feelings.

The only segment you can't say **** about and stay afloat our Jewish people.

fam… did this ***** shoot that woman or not :smh:

The optics are in his favor right now. It’s been a year and nothing has happened. With each day that goes by and he’s not behind hard or admitted guilty, looks better for him whether he did it or not. Combine that with the fact that he can’t talk about it and he swears that he wants to adds to it.

If he keeps making music that people **** with.... yes. not to say he won't get any flack or some people won't shy away but most of these people's motivation is really the money & if the baby can make them some they will continue.

50 lets off a ****** monthly & got shows on every major network at this point. Money>>> people's feelings.

The only segment you can't say **** about and stay afloat our Jewish people.

Who does 50 piss off? Us?

I think we've hit the tipping point where celebrities/people with followings are gonna start going the opposite of all this PC **** & doubling down, because they realize none of this cancellation works.

At a point i think artist are going to start saying IDGAF about offending people, because 90% of the time the outrage isn't coming from their fans.

I think a lot of _'s are just tired of going on along with the BS. Like we have moved way passed "acceptance" into buffoonery, over the top, clownshow nonsense and people just supposed to say nothing? Some of the **** they're pushing they've made it hard to ignore.

Getting worse and worse

How is this worse?

Who really cares what Elton John has to say? :lol:

Do ppl really think 2 weeks from now we'll be talking about the consequences DaBaby faced for these comments?

He gonna be the same ignorant dude saying wild **** next month.

Last edited:
The optics are in his favor right now. It’s been a year and nothing has happened. With each day that goes by and he’s not behind hard or admitted guilty, looks better for him whether he did it or not. Combine that with the fact that he can’t talk about it and he swears that he wants to adds to it.
We in this era where if you weren't there and there aint no video proof dudes getting away with rape and murder.

Tory just making use of the Cosby assumed innocent ****.

Who does 50 piss off? Us?

Honestly i'm being 100% serious when i say there isn't a subset of people 50 hasn't said something "offensive" about in this era. I've rarely if ever heard him apologize about it either.

the product is moving tho, & in the end game that's what most of these people care about.

How is this worse?

Who really cares what Elton John has to say? :lol:

Do ppl really think 2 weeks from now we'll be talking about the consequences DaBaby faced for these comments?

He gonna be the same ignorant dude saying while **** next month.

its worse cause he’s one of the biggest musicians ever and from my understanding a leader in that community has took note and commented on it

not saying his rap career is over , I’m saying it’s worse cause somebody who’s pretty famous in that community is taking notice and that can slow down opportunities in the future

now you going to have his fans who might not have been aware *****ing when da baby gets his next endorsement

Do y’all dudes live in a bubble ? Lol some of the stuff y’all say is crazy to me lol .

Granted, Dababy said some ********, but the way everyone is attacking him just rubs me wrong, & I can't name one song of his. It's like some "know your place" type **** the way all these white ppl are coming outta woodworks making statements n ****. That Dua Lipo or whatever her name is had no problem doing a song w/ man after his varies assaults on ppl. I believe he even snuffed a black chick, but that wasn't issue for her. These phony ***, fake ***, racist *** white wolves love playing sheep.

C'mon man he's one of the biggest musicians ever :lol: His music is what it is if you're not into that but dude is a certified legend regardless.
No. He's a legend. Great music and all that but exactly which crowd do you think it is on that cancelling wave?

It's not Elton John fans :lol:

Dude is less relevant that he was 10 years ago and that trend will continue. If anything he's more likely to get called out himself for some questionable past statements.

Elton John reacting to DaBaby's ignorance doesn't matter. Certainly doesn't make it worse for him. Maybe if it was Lady Gag or something (but even then).

No. He's a legend. Great music and all that but exactly which crowd do you think it is on that cancelling wave?

It's not Elton John fans :lol:

Dude is less relevant that he was 10 years ago and that trend will continue. If anything he's more likely to get called out himself for some questionable past statements.

Elton John reacting to DaBaby's ignorance doesn't matter. Certainly doesn't make it worse for him. Maybe if it was Lady Gag or something (but even then).

They dragged Elton John into it because now all the mainstream media outlets will jump on it, tryna make the fire hotter on Da Baby. _'s don't care what Elton says but news networks do.

Back
Top Bottom