Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Turk :rofl:

92E07FA8-E084-4FCD-83F1-05E121A45C7F.gif

That’s back when NORE was my HERO.
Loved that guys whole attitude.
Flow was on another Level.
It must of been like 96 when TONY dropped, by 1999, I think specifically 99’, NORE was getting features on every hit that was dropping.
But one of my favorite albums of all everything, time and music is NORE.
Track for track was just super high production in my opinion. The Album had a cadence laid out in its tracks that just let you put it on and do whatever you needed to get done without touching the cassette player or CDplayer of you were balling. I had the detach face Kenwood tape deck because my Music category was so huge I wasn’t ready to convert to CD BUT, back to the ALBUM NORE, sick *** intro and it rode right into the frost track, Banned from TV, which rolled into I Love my Life(song still gives me goose bumps), just as that track ends you got the banger NORE(which set up his feature year in 1999), Next track I think was HED(Track was just on another level). Fiesta! 40 Island was hard AF.
Then my main man Chico Debarge featured on the next track, The Way we Live. SUPERTHUG. Mathmatics
CD was so God Damn fire. Holds up just fine today.
The overused Classic, NAH, not NORE, trueclassic!

By the time the SUPERTHUG video dropped, you couldn’t drop an album without asking NORE to bless a track. But this **** right here changed my life. I was on my way to really truly loving myself, knowing who I was, and what to do with my life. Turning from boy to Man of the household, making my first 100k in one year. Owning a house, fly *** ride or die girl….put down the dope and stayed on the straight and narrow….man, seems like just yesterday. Oh yea, this song put me on Carl Thomas. Forever a fan now.
Not many rappers tell better stories than 8ball, this track comes close. The visuals, you can see the whole song just like it’s a movie. NORE man….Legend….

Last edited:
RIP Zumbi from Zion I

saw them open up for KRS ONE about 20 years agoat some small venue in L.A. never had heard of them before that. Bought the mind over matter CD right there at the show and it’s been a personal classic.

very sad, only 49

Just read that this is one of the young cats that’s currently awaiting trial for a double murder. Bro drops a song calling himself a killer, a maniac, a demon, etc. Thinking to myself “why didn’t he wait until after the trial?” Prosecution’s gonna go crazy with this.

Joint kinda hard not gonna lie :lol:
Wild if the kid really killed those people though :smh:

Just read that this is one of the young cats that’s currently awaiting trial for a double murder. Bro drops a song calling himself a killer, a maniac, a demon, etc. Thinking to myself “why didn’t he wait until after the trial?” Prosecution’s gonna go crazy with this.

Joint kinda hard not gonna lie :lol:
Wild if the kid really killed those people though :smh:

Yo, Kings disease II shoulda been THEE album.

dude finally back to soundin ELITE.

its like the first album was him shaking off ring rust. This one, hes back to being what I expect from nas.

His flow polished, he sharp again and musically, the vibe is one of maturity. It doesnt sound like an attempt to get the youth (wasted albeit) this time around.

best body of work ive heard from him since N.

bruh was quotin juve lyrics @ the end of 40 side. Thing of beauty…

Back
Top Bottom