Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nothing stopping me from giving it a try, just felt like I've outgrown the music. Didn't really like Wolf to begin with either.

His sound and lyrics are vastly different now. His last album was a GangstaGrillz :lol:
The 3 before that went even rap projects, just smooth *** music.

When an album is critiqued as being “uninspired” what exactly are people trying to say? What does an inspired album sound like?

Remaking Views for the 3rd time as opposed to NWTS not sounding like his prior work, flow and beat selection wise

When an album is critiqued as being “uninspired” what exactly are people trying to say? What does an inspired album sound like?
When something sounds uninspired it sounds like the artist is just going through the motions, making the music because it's their job or for any reason other than because they were really feeling it. Its mediocre ideas and trendy sounds. An inspired album sounds like the artist really felt something that they could only express through their art. It sounds like almost every successful musician or group's early albums compared to their later albums. Honestly though, "what does inspiration sound like?" is kind of a "if you have to ask, you'll never know" type of question.

It's a sample apaprently

and did you forget he has a Aaliyah tattoo? wanted to do an album.

oh and P Kelly is on trial for various crimes against young boys and girls.

even with all of that considered I still don’t think it will get pulled.

He’d have to be prominently featured for it to get enough legs to spark real controversy.

I’ve listened to the album twice and didn’t notice his presence.

And what does Drake having an Aaliyah tat have to do with an R Kelly sample on an album whose subject matter does not pertain to either of those people or the events surrounding them?

Musicians sample people that have done horrible things every day.

Not defending R at all… I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up in Guantanamo Bay. Sampling him isn’t a crime though.

Having his vocals featured prominently is an entirely different thing and THAT would not fly 😂

dance sweat.gif

I think it's insane that all these new releases are available to stream for free on mixtape apps.

Tidal is still worth the monthly subscription, just less of a reason for those might not listen to older hip-hop.

I think it's insane that all these new releases are available to stream for free on mixtape apps.

Tidal is still worth the monthly subscription, just less of a reason for those might not listen to older hip-hop.
You can find links to all those platforms on reddit for the low. Had spotify when i only paid 3USD for the year. No way will i pay 9.99/mth or whatever the hell it is.

Please tell more.

I thought $10 was already a decent deal.
Theres people on reddit that sell keys for all types of stuff, spotify, nordvpn, apple music, i think tidal too. Shorty i was dealing with at the time waa heavy on reddit and found it for me. I dont use reddit. All i did was pay dude via paypal, think it was like $3-4. I got a key and a site with instructions and i had premium spotify for a year.

Back
Top Bottom