Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

JD don't got a BIG

He don't got a signature hip hop artist that has multiple classics, closest thing is Da Brat and nah

besides that from 95 to 2003

The Hitmen were producing a song or two on almost every album R&B and rap that had a budget

This project solidified they streak Mac started for himself up until his death. Faces is his 3peat & a masterpiece, and his team managed to clear all the samples so it’ll be on streaming platforms October 15th. If you haven’t then check it out b/c it’s legit genius.

1631976778375.jpeg

Would love for JD to get his flowers & do one of these. His r&b catalogue stands up to anybody’s but this pairing is awkward when you factor in what Puff did in rap. Matchup doesn’t really make sense.

It would just be an awkward night hearing Juicy then hearing Usher/Mariah/Xscape/Brat in the same round.

Interesting perspective

Rock pushed out Brown for Elvis. In return, Brown became the most influential artist in modern music. Rock was still heavily cultural until the late 00’s. Play Parade Black around the white ppl my age and see how it goes.

. And Motley Crue sucked. I use stay trying to listen to them b/c I had the Dunks and wanted to respect the story, but they just suck. 80s rock is very reminiscent of the bull**** I heard the last time I listened to radio, but like then the underground is thriving.

Nobody said it'll make it fairer lol I'm saying yall giving credit to Puff like it wouldn't be JD himself against a whole team :lol:

Funny thing is JD would still hold his own against that team
Puff killing JD on rap alone.

And I just remembered Puff produced Jay-Z's American Gangster :rofl: If somebody could convince Jay to show up it might be Puff.

JD does not want those problems.

Would love for JD to get his flowers & do one of these. His r&b catalogue stands up to anybody’s but this pairing is awkward when you factor in what Puff did in rap. Matchup doesn’t really make sense.

It would just be an awkward night hearing Juicy then hearing Usher/Mariah/Xscape/Brat in the same round.
He can hang with Puff is the point
JD can acy

And I just remembered Puff produced Jay-Z's American Gangster :rofl: If somebody could convince Jay to show up it might be Puff.

Bro Hov is literally one of JD best friends lol
Wth you talking about...

He can hang with Puff is the point
JD can acy

Wth you talking about...
He can hang with Puff & anybody in one genre only.

From that perspective his catalogue is limited, which isn’t really “fair” to him because it’s still an elite catalogue but you would have a much better show if you put him against another producer who has most of his classics in RnB.

It’s the same thing we just saw with Ja & Joe.

Joe is bars with a few bubble gum records mixed in. Ja is bars with a million bubble gum records. It got awkward real quick for Joe :lol: You’d have a much better show with Nelly in there instead

He can hang with Puff & anybody in one genre only.

From that perspective his catalogue is limited, which isn’t really “fair” to him because it’s still an elite catalogue but you would have a much better show if you put him against another producer who has most of his classics in RnB.

It’s the same thing we just saw with Ja & Joe.

Joe is bars with a few bubble gum records mixed in. Ja is bars with a million bubble gum records. It got awkward real quick for Joe :lol: You’d have a much better show with Nelly in there instead
JD has hits that to me sound better in a club/ concert type setting it’s all a matter of how they sequence the songs .
Puff gon come out there Diddy bopping with Total and play a bunch of Biggie records everybody knows that. JD really doesn’t have to play a bunch of hip hop his RnB songs are so big it won’t matter.

JD produced tracks on American Gangster as well. They all run in the same circles, and have more than a few projects that overlapped.

Wth you talking about...
Best friends :rofl: Who the **** is talking about who is best friends with who? I just said its likely that Puff could get Jay to show up.

So JD gonna bring Jay to do Money Ain't a Thing and then Puff gonna have him do Roc Boys?
JD produced tracks on American Gangster as well. They all run in the same circles, and have more than a few projects that overlapped.
Usually in a verzuz, they don't play album cuts.

Same way it's rare to hear a freestyle or mixtape joint unless it was popular. Like when Jada did it set **** off cuz it was in MSG where all.of us have heard it and got those mixtapes.

Back
Top Bottom