Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Gunna bout to drop the tape of the year.
1641484465222.png

Gonna be hard to top this but I feel it in my bones as well

Maybe in terms of accolades or people he has worked with but compare him to other more mainstream producers and it's clear he still is underground.

1. Timbaland
2. Swizz
3. Dre
4. Ye
5. Pharrell
6. Scott Storch

And the list continues. These dudes are as famous if not more famous than the guys they produce for. Premier isn't that at all.

We know Premier ain't as known as Ye and Dre but that don't mean you underground. :lol:

How long ago was that? Seriously.

So AZ is mainstream now too, because of what he was back in 96?
Well there's old acts and then there's underground artists.

As time goes on for some, the underground OG becomes a bit more prominent.

Premo is more famous by name than appearance as a producer (naturally so) but given he's a legend he's not gonna be grouped as just an underground legend. He's more than that as opposed to J Dilla who is more of an underground legend in comparison.

Well there's old acts and then there's underground artists.

As time goes on for some, the underground OG becomes a bit more prominent.

Premo is more famous by name than appearance as a producer (naturally so) but given he's a legend he's not gonna be grouped as just an underground legend. He's more than that as opposed to J Dilla who is more of an underground legend in comparison.

You could also say Dilla worked with Tribe and Busta

I consider both Dilla and Premo underground producers

You went to Puff and the Hitmen or Trackmasters for your commercial song and Premo for the street ****.

I don’t even think bruh from Memphis. Sound like he just gossiping to me. Dudes be on YouTube talking about they the voice of the streets reporting live from they momma back room about some street **** they wasn’t involved in and don’t know anybody that was involved.
That's what threw me off too. He made it sound like he knew it was this dude all along.

Back
Top Bottom