Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

B2C02EAD-7788-4F4A-98F8-2A4D8FC34006.jpeg

“Pushing weight - I be in the gym too”
“These bars heavy - I ain’t talking bench press”
“Flyer than most ******, I be in my gym clothes”

Actually the opposite. Fab ain't soft. You would be incriminating yourself. Unlike these dumb dudes today. Just like Lil Shawn.

Fab is lucky he didn't get locked up. Street Fam used to robbing rappers and athletes.

They was good with the hands too? Or just robbing dudes with guns?

Fab going to the gym in the whitest kicks possible :rofl:

You could also say Dilla worked with Tribe and Busta

I consider both Dilla and Premo underground producers

You went to Puff and the Hitmen or Trackmasters for your commercial song and Premo for the street ****.
Yeah but early death aside Dilla was not some super in demand underground producer. The list pretty much stops after Busta and Tribe.

Primo just off the 90s alone worked with Damn near every big east coast act. Yes, they were street joints but that's exactly what was popular in the 90s. It wasn't unheard of for some street **** to be an artist's single or get mainstream radio play. That's part of why he's more than an underground producer.

Also I wouldn't strictly define underground producer as nobody goes to you for a pop hit or commercial song. Plenty went to DJ Premier for hits period.

Last edited:
Yeah but early death aside Dilla was not some super in demand underground producer. The list pretty much stops after Busta and Tribe.

Primo just off the 90s alone worked with Damn near every big east coast act. Yes, they were street joints but that's exactly what was popular in the 90s. It wasn't unheard of for some street **** to be an artist's single or get mainstream radio play. That's part of why he's more than an underground producer.

Also I wouldn't strictly define underground producer as nobody goes to you for a pop hit or commercial song. Plenty went to DJ Premier for hits period.

Ummmm, Dilla was in the Soulquarians

Ummmm, Dilla was in the Soulquarians
:lol: I mean that's like the definition of underground.

He was affiliated with the Native Tongues too. That just entrenched him more as an underground producer.

As far as who he worked with though/big names, I guess you're adding Erykah and D'Angelo to the list? Still don't think its comparable to Premier being in demand so much in the 90s which really only continued to a good degree in the 2000s.

Fab going to the gym in the whitest kicks possible :rofl:

Primo did a single for Christina Aguilera didn't he? :lol:

Also surprised nobody has brought up that Royce has a whole *** album with Eminem

Back
Top Bottom