Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I agree its def embraced, but to a certain point though. A lot of fashion, clothing, and accessories choices have been getting some acceptance. But I dont think we have gotten to the level of street/hood rappers being able to date/have relations with transexuals. As open and accepting this world has became I dont think the genre of gangsta rap/southern rap will ever get to that level. Even in just the regards of homosexuality, You got the Lil Nas X stuff but his following is a lot different and not street/hood/gangsta type rap. The closest we got at the moment is the Isaiah Rashad situation, which is going to be interesting to watch play out and see how the masses treat him, but even with him he isnt regarded as a street/hood type of rapper.

Bruh, are you aware of how many “street” dudes, prisoners, etc are closeted or sleep with dudes. It’s more common than you think.

Look at young thug calling people boyfriend, smoking d*** and wearing nail polish. You really think Isaiah Rashad is the first situation?

You need to research Wayne Perry and Rayful Edmond. Even Sammy the Bull was known to sleep with men. A lot of mafioso and gang members are gay bruh

42 dug literally was sitting on a guys lap throwing dice. Look at Birdman and Diddy. They rumors aren’t false

Dudes wearing rainbow colorful hair, purses, nail polish and dresses… but you draw the line at other things? :lol:

Who posted that LeBron video clip tweet? The one where he says something like well here go two more lol.

Ice Cube and Easy E been was calling out Dr. Dre. You bringing up Isaiah Rashad’s situation goes to show you don’t know much about rap history

Rap DEFINITELY embraces alternative lifestyles now. look at the colorful hair, purses, fingernails, and style of dress these days. It’s all inclusive. Look at Uzi and Thug

Gunna wore a woman’s purse nowadays. Rap ain’t super gangster or macho like it use to be.

I’ll concede to the idea that the imagery depicted by some rappers (eg hair, purses, clothes, etc.) is accepted in today’s rap era. But even that is shaky. People still comment and slight those cats. We’re not going to act like Gunna don’t catch slander for his choice of haberdashery. We know where that slander stems from. :lol:

And you know good and damn well it stops at the “look” of these rappers. Rap doesn’t have a safe space for cats who are leading gay lifestyles or dating people in the trans communities.

50 bullies people into being his homies.

“You my best friend, RIGHT?”

1645117893551.jpeg

Rap DEFINITELY embraces alternative lifestyles now. look at the colorful hair, purses, fingernails, and style of dress these days. It’s all inclusive. Look at Uzi and Thug

Gunna wore a woman’s purse nowadays. Rap ain’t super gangster or macho like it use to be.

The origin of rap wasn’t to be super gangster or macho…..

F6D99A4E-EE4B-4624-B8D7-647966F0D289.jpeg

I think we lose sight of that, at times.

The origin of rap wasn’t to be super gangster or macho…..

F6D99A4E-EE4B-4624-B8D7-647966F0D289.jpeg

I think we lose sight of that, at times.

90AD181A-6887-41DB-BA3F-457DDCF152BA.jpeg

Music in general…. But you’re missing the point…..

Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel and the Furious 5, etc. we’re not on some hardcore, shoot em’ up, kill, kill rap….

Nobody is being homophobic. People just need to be comfortable in their skin. Always felt that super homophobic people really deep down inside really are battling their own sexual insecurities.

You can’t act like some Hoodlum or hardcore thug, but you wearing purses, colorful hair, nail polish etc.

Early rap wasn’t about being hardcore. It wasn’t about being a thug or being threatening. It was fun music. The change came in the 90s, etc

Last edited:
This man always misses the point… Even with what Pimp C used to say. It’s not about dudes being gay, it’s about dudes trying to say one thing, but be another behind clothes doors.

You can’t act like some super gang member, super hardcore, I’m gone shoot everyone, I’m f*** all these ****, but you’re a sissy behind clothes doors.

17077014-54CA-4178-9A12-3FB25FDED41F.jpeg
no

Last edited:
George Clinton with his rainbow extensions and Bootsey Collins weren’t out here talking about killing people. They made do good, fun music.

A dude like 69 is the COMPLETE opposite

Back
Top Bottom