Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He was actually pretty talented.

I remember him and Alley Boy popped up, and I knew Alley Boy wouldn't be around long because he was trash, but I always saw Trouble as the possible star of the collective.
Yeah his early mixtapes/albums were really good. It was a different sound than the typical Atlanta sound 7-10 years ago.

Wtf is going on in Atlanta
Idk but I watched the Joe Budden Podcast talk about the whole YSL/Young Thug case and people were going on in them in the comments for “defending it.” Many of them were saying ATL is beyond crazy right now with crime and it’s easy for people not from ATL to speak about things happening in ATL

Joc was on fire for a good 2 years. Going Down was probably the biggest record that year. I remember that joint was big on YouTube before YouTube was big. It was like the first viral song/dance. First time seeing white girls doing the dances and ****.

Joc interview decent at times but man he conveniently just coming up with a lot of **** he just happen to be around for

And you know he still saving the meat and potatoes for when Vlad actually interviews him lol

Joc was on fire for a good 2 years. Going Down was probably the biggest record that year. I remember that joint was big on YouTube before YouTube was big. It was like the first viral song/dance. First time seeing white girls doing the dances and ****.

That D4L and Dem Franchise Boyz started an era lol for better or worse

Sometimes it’s cool to just have fun. Like the whole futuristic thing from Atlanta too.

Like it’s stupid but don’t tell me you weren’t playing dro and La.

A lot of those yung la beats he got were ahead of his time imo.

AB30AD31-8447-42C5-99A2-CEDFF92BEC2C.jpeg

Man I’m tired of seeing this ****. Waking up and seeing another brother dead or locked up.
I posted on Reddit a while back that we need to take a stand in preserving Hip-Hop/Rap culture, and we gotta stop accepting this notion that violence needs to be synonymous with it. I got a bunch of clowns saying that I was overreacting, and that's just the way things are. Imagine we're okay with the potential of never hearing someone's favorite rapper ever again because they were KILLED.

I don't give a damn how sensitive I sound; I love hip-hop/rap/trap anything where someone puts 16 bars together over a beat. I'm tired of this, we have the opportunity to make a change. If we don't support the violence, guys will rap about something else. It's economics at this point. No genre gotta go through this. I only knew Trouble through Lupe's "Chopper" song (he BLACKS on that), and a Dave East feature on a mixtape, but bro was talented, and at the end of the day, a human. We gotta do better. Not just everyone, myself included.

Murder was happening before hip hop…

And it’s gone REMAIN when it’s gone

It’s human conditioning bro. Violence, aggression, jealousy, etc.

Like I always say, show me ONE gun brand that’s manufactured in the hood.

It’s sad but guns and the obsession of guns is the problem. It’s not hip hops fault.

Some Humans are just f***** up, violent, envious, etc.

Gotta stop always blaming rap when dudes try and ridicule guys like J. Cole or Kendrick Lamar who actually rap about different subject matter

Back
Top Bottom