Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don’t think Nipsey reached his pinnacle as an artist to be classified as legendary musically. That last album sounded like he was starting to put it together though so I can see how his musical profile elevated posthumously.

Away from music, he was an undeniable legend that was taken away too soon for nonsense.

Man I don't give a **** who was or wasn't calling Nip a legend. I was bumping him heavy since 2012 and still do. It's always a group saying "such and such wasn't ____ until he died" on some gotcha type ****.

It was somebody in here saying Big wasn't getting love like that until he died lol. People always gonna have something to say just to say it.

I also have felt this way about Whitney. The talent/vocals are there, she could definitely sing her *** off….but them songs never really hit to me (“Im your baby tonight” is my **** tho). I guess I I aint grow up in a Whitney Houston household cuz her songs never rang off to me. Im hard pressed to think of any family function, reunion, wedding, party, anything where she got some spins….

Her music was pop-ish and performance based and it was female driven. As her career went on she it got more R&B driven.

Mariah was the same way. I don't remember black girls playing her like that until her comeback album with Jermaine in 05.

Her music was pop-ish and performance based and it was female driven. As her career went on she it more R&B driven.

Mariah was the same way. I don't remember black girls playing her like that until her comeback album with Jermaine in 05.

That's a hell of a take...I kinda want to agree..chicks back then we're strictly MJB. outside of Mariah's hip-hop Collabs I don't remember her being played amongst black women like that in the 90s early 2000s

Man I don't give a **** who was or wasn't calling Nip a legend. I was bumping him heavy since 2012 and still do. It's always a group saying "such and such wasn't ____ until he died" on some gotcha type ****.

It was somebody in here saying Big wasn't getting love like that until he died lol. People always gonna have something to say just to say it.

Fire but why the symba bars? Lol

Dude had him on stage freestyling praising him lol. Guess game just being game (bipolar)

It was just a play on words. He commented under the freestyle when Game posted it and they laughed about it. Looks like Game deleted all his IG posts though.

Ma$e is a top tier d*ckhead when you really get into why he really went to do that “pastor” **** and why Puff won’t give him his pub.

:lol:

Wish he woulda let someone extort him for protection so we coulda got him on Neptunes, Just Blaze, Kanye, etc. beats. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom