Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Game been pretty much the same rapper his whole career. We gotta stop letting how we personally feel about somebody get in the way of their talent. Game and Wack was on Drink Champs having a heated convo about the Nip thing too. Wack just says whatever to get a reaction. He's the piru Charleston White.
Yeah but how you let a ***** this openly disrespect a ***** you supposed to love and respect tho?
But I know the answer to this question, these ****** (old) clowns

I just can't fathom how a ***** who talk like he talks in interviews and lies this blatantly for nothing could articulate such good bars.
I mean, his own dusty *** manager keeps ****ting on Nipsey consistently but in his raps, this ***** is all about "Rip Nip" and whatnot. He's either schizophrenic or the ghostwriter is the one that loves Nip

Well Jay and Nas aren't the most articulate dudes in interviews 🤷‍♂️

Janet always been mid....artistically...
hot take...

Ehhhh, I feel that way about Whitney Houston

If you go back and listen to her actual projects it's a lot of talent, but questionable production. She's the basketball player who you think is going to be next, but ends up a role player(Andrew Wiggins)

Mariah Carey is sort of the same way, but I can get a strong 20 at least from Mariah. With Whitney I don't think I can get 15, probably more like 10.

I notice it’s usually folks who are already down on todays music who feel this way.

As if the man who started all this didn't get stabbed in 1977.

Correlation is not causality.

Objective​

This study investigated whether young people’s substance use and aggressive behaviors are related to their listening to music containing messages of substance use and violence.

Method​

Data were collected using self-administered questionnaires and from a sample of community college students aged 15-25 (N = 1056; 43% male). A structural equation modeling method was used to simultaneously assess the associations between listening to various genres of music, alcohol use, illicit drug use, and aggressive behaviors, taking into account respondents’ age, gender, race/ethnicity, and level of sensation seeking.

Results​

Listening to rap music was significantly and positively associated with alcohol use, problematic alcohol use, illicit drug use, and aggressive behaviors when all other variables were controlled. Additionally, alcohol and illicit drug use were positively associated with listening to musical genres of techno and reggae. Control variables such as sensation seeking, age, gender and race/ethnicity were significantly related to substance use and aggressive behaviors.

Conclusion​

The findings suggest that young people’s substance use and aggressive behaviors may be related to their frequent exposure to music containing references to substance use and violence. Conversely, music listening preference may reflect some personal predispositions or lifestyle preferences. Alternatively, substance use, aggression and music preference are independent constructs, but share common “third factors.”

Individuals’ listening preference for certain styles of music may be related to personal characteristics. A recent college study showed that liking the music genres of punk, heavy metal, and reggae were associated with higher levels of sensation seeking (Weisskirch and Murphy, 2004). Consistently, Arnett (1991, 1992) reported that adolescents who had listening preferences for heavy metal or hard rock music expressed higher levels of sensation seeking than did those who did not prefer these forms of music. Once level of sensation seeking was controlled, however, the associations between musical preference and most adolescent reckless behaviors were no longer significant. Arnett suggested that sensation seeking underlies both reckless behaviors and music preference. In other words, adolescents with higher levels of sensation seeking are more attracted to heavy metal or hard rock music and have a greater propensity for reckless behaviors as well.

Last edited:
Ehhhh, I feel that way about Whitney Houston

If you go back and listen to her actual projects it's a lot of talent, but questionable production. She's the basketball player who you think is going to be next, but ends up a role player(Andrew Wiggins)

Mariah Carey is sort of the same way, but I can get a strong 20 at least from Mariah. With Whitney I don't think I can get 15, probably more like 10.

I also have felt this way about Whitney. The talent/vocals are there, she could definitely sing her *** off….but them songs never really hit to me (“Im your baby tonight” is my **** tho). I guess I I aint grow up in a Whitney Houston household cuz her songs never rang off to me. Im hard pressed to think of any family function, reunion, wedding, party, anything where she got some spins….

Nipsey isn’t a legend. Haven’t really heard people refer to him as that though.

1659215295541.jpeg

Yea aight.

This recent Gucci ain’t it :smh: can’t keep getting a pass
I dont think we giving a pass…. We just dont listen to it. Him jeezy and TI I scroll to hear the feature verses, never a whole solo song or project.

And nipsey was not a legend we gotta stop this. RIP him and it’s unfortunate but nah he wasn’t that. Barack and the casuals hopping on the wagon more for the outside of music **** not the music.

Back
Top Bottom