Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

the baby literally went from being arguably the biggest rapper in the game & easily one of the highest selling, to doing less than 20K first week less than a year & a half later. I get that his music wasn't long lasting but he wasn't just some random 1 hit wonder, his comments & all that backlash definitely played just as big a part if not more than people just "cooling" off on dude. I don't even know how that could be debated.

People were complaining about him when he was hot, so the fall was going to be coming soon 🤷‍♂️

and all the antics made people dislike him more than give him free pub.

You thought working with Tory would endear you to women? He thought the LGBT crew would still work with him?

That's like I was wondering why he thought that single stuff would work? That's like Game thinking that dissing Em would work?

It's "real" crazy salacious and weird stories going on online. Nobody cares about your forced look at me.

the baby literally went from being arguably the biggest rapper in the game & easily one of the highest selling, to doing less than 20K first week less than a year & a half later. I get that his music wasn't long lasting but he wasn't just some random 1 hit wonder, his comments & all that backlash definitely played just as big a part if not more than people just "cooling" off on dude. I don't even know how that could be debated.

It played a part…but ****** was CLOWNING him before that.

Another thing, people still don’t understand how sales/projects/marketing works.

He sold what he sold, because the button wasn’t pushed…and he did not have any momentum. Like, at all.

That song with CB & Yung Bleu is great song. And it did numbers and got play, while he was wilding/going sour. But it’s not attached to a project.
That ain't a stain bro

I think people understand certain stances, like Jim and 50. Max B was under contract with Jim and couldn't move without him, so you can diss me in videos all you want, but that certainly ain't going to make me release or help you.

That's the last laugh.

Jim did Max cruddy. Max dissed him. Jimmy Blackballed Max.

That don’t make Jim right. He wrong for that. Especially, considering what Max was doing behind the scenes for Jim at the time.

And let’s not even talk about Salutti

That’s the literal definition of “blackball”. What they consider now, is just boycotting/public outrage…and corporations reacting to that.

People can’t see it, because of the social climate.

That don’t make Jim right. He wrong for that. Especially, considering what Max was doing behind the scenes for Jim at the time.

That’s the literal definition of “blackball”. What they consider now, is just boycotting/public outrage…and corporations reacting to that.

He wasn't wrong.

Was Max wrong for going at Jim? Was Max wrong for talking about Chrissy? That wasn't let me off the label. That was non-rap beef. Why would you help someone who's trying to tear you down?

50 did far worse to Buck. That was just rap.

I don't blame 50 for anything he did with Murder Inc, Blackhand and Chaz. That's street **** beyond rap, and if you're just not getting shows or deals, that's the game.

Another thing, people still don’t understand how sales/projects/marketing works.

He sold what he sold, because the button wasn’t pushed…and he did not have any momentum. Like, at all.

That song with CB & Yung Bleu is great song. And it did numbers and got play, while he was wilding/going sour. But it’s not attached to a project.

And a big part of the reason that button wasn't pushed was because of his current standing publicly, and that standing wasn't necessarily brought down by the music. You right people were clowning him & his style prior to the LGBTQ/Meg comments, but even in the midst of that he was still doing big numbers & pop features.

His music was basic & unoriginal, but to the market he was dominating on repetitiveness doesn't matter that much. Of course they would have eventually moved on to someone else but the downfall is very raely this quick when your coming from the level he was at. It was all the antics, the comments, becoming hiphop posterboy for homophobia that really lost him support & most importantly that support from the label.

They pushed him as this huge superstar/pop star kind of rapper & it worked, but in doing that they lost all organic following he did have. everything he was doing was dedicated to the masses & mainstream & the second he started getting out of pocket & losing favor with them **** came crashing down at a record rate.

And a big part of the reason that button wasn't pushed was because of his current standing publicly, and that standing wasn't necessarily brought down by the music. You right people were clowning him & his style prior to the LGBTQ/Meg comments, but even in the midst of that he was still doing big numbers & pop features.

His music was basic & unoriginal, but to the market he was dominating on repetitiveness doesn't matter that much. Of course they would have eventually moved on to someone else but the downfall is very raely this quick when your coming from the level he was at. It was all the antics, the comments, becoming hiphop posterboy for homophobia that really lost him support & most importantly that support from the label.

They pushed him as this huge superstar/pop star kind of rapper & it worked, but in doing that they lost all organic following he did have. everything he was doing was dedicated to the masses & mainstream & the second he started getting out of pocket & losing favor with them **** came crashing down at a record rate.

Andddd….that’s the problem with depending on corporations and not having a real fanbase.

If the music was still hot, and he was still likeable…they’d still push the button. But he’s not insulated from public perception shifts..because he has no fanbase (this is why Akademiks will never be “canceled”, funny enough).

It’s all capitalIsm. The return, was not worth the investment or bad press. They pulled the plug. This is about as American as apple pie.

Bruh!

If you feel the need to White Knight for a bird then what I gotta do with that Fam? :rofl:

This tells me all I need to know. Y’all really gotta get away from the manosphere stuff. Word to what P C H P C H was saying.

A woman, lost her partner and father of her child in front of her face. And YOU were one of the main ones in here, trying to blame her for it. It is now showing, that you were wrong about this (as many were saying at the time to you. But you doubled down…loud and wrong)

Instead of stepping back, and saying you were wrong…this is what you do.

Y’all *****s for real need to reevaluate some things. Y’all going off the deep end, with resentment,

This tells me all I need to know. Y’all really gotta get away from the manosphere stuff. Word to what P C H P C H was saying.

A woman, lost her partner and father of her child in front of her face. And YOU were one of the main ones in here, trying to blame her for it. It is now showing, that you were wrong about this (as many were saying at the time to you. But you doubled down…loud and wrong)

Instead of stepping back, and saying you were wrong…this is what you do.

Y’all *****s for real need to reevaluate some things. Y’all going off the deep end, with resentment,

You have your views and I have mine.

Stay in your lane my G.

Who you think you are?

She online Fam - why don't you cash app her for her loss and offer to pay some of her bills vs wasting all that energy on me?

Over here like you kicking some knowledge when in reality to and I are very different Men.

Why you worried about what I got going on over here Fam :lol:

"All I need to know"?

Better question: Why do you need to know?

Goofy?

I thought "Man Crush" day was Monday? :lol:

You gonna keep derailing the threads or what?

Out here fighting in comments sections for someone else's woman?

Couldn't be me :smh:

All this showbiz got you looking funny in the light my G.

And just like that…

“fAcTZ oVeR fEeLiNgZ & aCoUnTaBiLity” go out the window

:smh:

I love Max as much as anybody but Jim ain't do him cruddy. Max was unhappy with the pay which A LOT of artists are. That's the game. In his own words he started dissing Jim because he knew it would get attention. Max jumped the gun and wasn't patient. He was only with Jim like 2 1/2 years until he started dissing him.

A woman by the name of Shauntel Trone has also been arrested in connection to the shooting ... cops arrested and booked her for accessory to murder. We're told Trone is the stepmom of the 17-year-old arrested.

Back
Top Bottom