Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

There is nothing to estimate. He's released about three projects over the past five years.

Who checked for them?

****** SWEAR everyone coming home from jail is about to have some sort of run...and it rarely ever happens.

What on earth is anyone expecting career wise from an almost 50 year old rapper that's been away for 20 years? He'll have his niche crowd...but I'm confused on ****** acting like he's going to come home and have a moment or some **** :lol:

****** SWEAR everyone coming home from jail is about to have some sort of run...and it rarely ever happens.

What on earth is anyone expecting career wise from an almost 50 year old rapper that's been away for 20 years? He'll have his niche crowd...but I'm confused on ****** acting like he's going to come home and have a moment or some **** :lol:

Y’all keep mentioning age and time but I was in elementary/middle school when he was in his prime and free and people from my generation know who he is lol

The fact that the Akademiks and Shawn Cottons and those types who run those sort of pages who are a lil older than me vividly remember him means he’ll be straight because he’ll get covered on those pages. Combine that with some decent Harry fraud pack and quality visuals he at least has the ceiling of a Conway/Gunn/Benny

Y’all keep mentioning age and time but I was in elementary/middle school when he was in his prime and free and people from my generation know who he is lol

The fact that the Akademiks and Shawn Cottons and those types who run those sort of pages who are a lil older than me vividly remember him means he’ll be straight because he’ll get covered on those pages. Combine that with some decent Harry fraud pack and quality visuals he at least has the ceiling of a Conway/Gunn/Benny

Knowing who he is means what?

Ak posted and promoted his projects?

You listened? You're going to buy his albums? Go to his shows?

I know who Lil Bow Wow is. That means what to him financially if I'm not buying or watching anything he's involved in.

People "your age" know who he is....AND???? :lol:

What does that have to do in relations to the business of music and what Max B will do in it when he comes home? I think you may have a distorted view on who Max B is/was due to your age. This isn't Jay-Z that went to jail or some ****. He had a niche-cult fanbase. He was NEVER going to be some A (or B-list) "star".

I also find it HILARIOUS how ****** keep using Griselda as some sort of barometer of how successful "old ******" can be :lol:

My overall point....****** keep conflating "coming home" with this idea of some sort of acclaimed moment in music that's supposed to follow. People your age, Akademiks, and Shawn Cotton couldn't help Bobby Schmurda cash in on that "King of NY" energy ****** gave him just for coming home.

Boosie fumbled his “coming home” bag heavy. But it could have been overestimated as well.
I wouldn't say he 'fumbled' cuz his 1st album out did decent #'s and the business he doing now got him better than wen he went in. But the hype was crazy for Boosie.

People "your age" know who he is....AND???? :lol:

What does that have to do in relations to the business of music and what Max B will do in it when he comes home? I think you may have a distorted view on who Max B is/was due to your age. This isn't Jay-Z that went to jail or some ****. He had a niche-cult fanbase. He was NEVER going to be some A (or B-list) "star".

I also find it HILARIOUS how ****** keep using Griselda as some sort of barometer of how successful "old ******" can be :lol:

My overall point....****** keep conflating "coming home" with this idea of some sort of acclaimed moment in music that's supposed to follow. People your age, Akademiks, and Shawn Cotton couldn't help Bobby Schmurda cash in on that "King of NY" energy ****** gave him just for coming home.

:lol:

I’m just saying y’all keep saying “he’s been gone for 20 years and 2-3 generations removed musically”

The mid-late 90’s babies know who he is to where he won’t be a completely new ***** to people. A few Wiz and French features + the fact that people already know who he is and he’ll be straight for someone who been locked up since Arab Money was popping lol. Griselda a decent barometer for 35+ ****** having a decent career when typically until/aside from Ross/Chainz your career is dead if you ain’t popped by 30.

Bobby can’t make a decent song to save his life. Max making decent **** behind the wall off of BandLab or whatever he using lol there’s a difference. ***** probably aint finna have a 2011 Wayne coming home run but he could fit nice into a lot of the pockets going on rn; the Griselda no drums ****; Harry Fraud and French type beats; The Curren$y smoker music type lane, etc

I’m just saying y’all keep saying “he’s been gone for 20 years and 2-3 generations removed musically”

The mid-late 90’s babies know who he is to where he won’t be a completely new ***** to people. A few Wiz and French features + the fact that people already know who he is and he’ll be straight for someone who been locked up since Arab Money was popping lol. Griselda a decent barometer for 35+ ****** having a decent career when typically until/aside from Ross/Chainz your career is dead if you ain’t popped by 30.

Bobby can’t make a decent song to save his life. Max making decent **** behind the wall off of BandLab or whatever he using lol there’s a difference

Do you realize people 30+ don't dictate what's hot musically?

Nobody young cares about Wiz or French, so why would they care about some dude who has been in jail for most of their life?

Bro put out 3 albums in jail. Bet 6pac 6pac can't name nan one of em :lol:

You got me here. :lol: I just said people knew who he was. I’m still befuddled that he was actually recording new **** this whole time. nobody still answered my question of HOW :lol:

Last edited:
I wasn’t into Max B but I believe y’all said French stole Max’s style and ran with it while he was locked up?

Bobby can’t make a decent song to save his life. Max making decent **** behind the wall off of BandLab or whatever he using lol there’s a difference. ***** probably aint finna have a 2011 Wayne coming home run but he could fit nice into a lot of the pockets going on rn; the Griselda no drums ****; Harry Fraud and French type beats; The Curren$y smoker music type lane, etc

It's a whole lane of _'s that say out their mouth they influenced by Max. Forget fans the rappers themselves **** with him heavy. Dudes think because they don't like somebody music that's that. Nah. :lol:

Nobody saying he gonna get out and be 96 Pac but dudes acting like he not gonna be doing a good amount of features and shows just wrong but like I said we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom