Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How the hell did Ashanti get one before him?

A committee meets once a year and decides who gets a star.

There's a one-time fee of $55,000 for the star to be made but rarely does the celebrity themselves pay for it. A studio or a fan club usually pays for it.

I’m an album guy.

At the same time, I kind of stick to what I know. I don’t really venture out to the newer artists much unless they have enough buzz or proven track record.

My understanding of that tweet is that 50 percent of people search/pick what they want to listen to vs listen what's fed to them. It's not specific to searching for new artists.

I primarily listen to music/watch videos on YouTube and download albums/buy cds. Only use streaming services for podcasts unless I'm using a free trial.

Sometimes I discover new stuff it's when someone posts what they're listening to on social media/forums which is basically a modern version of word of mouth

8787036C-9F6A-4AFD-974B-4AFFEA124B7C.jpeg

This is snitching... Gunna admitting to HIS OWN crimes and accepting a plea isn't... This is crazy tho. Y'all this dude was snitching for 3 hours straight. I turned the entire interrogation on YouTube earlier. I completed a whole playoff run in Madden(3 games), came back and this cat was still snitching. The biggest takeaway is that he was working with law enforcement for 11 years at the time of this interrogation. He wasn't an informant, he was a god damn employee at this point. So glad I got out the streets. Nxggas like this are a dime a dozen.

I don't know if Bleu telling the whole truth but he do make some good points

Jeezy @27:25

Had the whole BMF behind him. That's crazy "O-Dog" that Jeezy shouted out and who was standing next to him is the _ that snitched on Meech.

Last edited:
Been around longer + more hits
Nah I'm not even hating on French but wizkid dropped his first album in 2011, French dropped excuse my French in 2013. I'm hip to the tapes beforehand but do those even count?

I get that he can account for some of his streams on guest appearances but Wizkid alone was at 3.4B streams damn near 2 years ago.

Screenshot_20230219-085258_Chrome.jpg

We might even be slighting Akon a bit, I'm sure his streaming numbers are solid.

It feels like that that shade room caption should be something along the lines of "French Montana has the highest streaming numbers of any African born artist in America".

Even then with the way the world is, tems and wizkid will probably eclipse that in the next year or two. Tems really just getting started.

French has hits.

Yes, I can't believe it myself but dude has done good for himself and his career.
French doesn't have 1 solo hit in his career. Dude either bought Bought premade hits(unforgettable) or had his features carry him on his songs. He's a great networker, I give him that but he's a terrible rapper.. Let's not rewrite history, dude is and always been axx.

Edit: nxgga more known for his adlibs than lyrics haaaaan!

Back
Top Bottom