Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Some of that list is someone's preferences of the songs as a whole, and not the actual beat.

That's not even a top five Dre beat.

AMilli is a loop, hell no

Power :smh:

When I hear the song title the beat should be in my head.

So if mixtapes were still a thing, people would be rapping over Sicko Mode?

T.I.’s “what you know” doesn’t belong in the same category as A Milli.

Loop or not, that record shook rap up. That’s when folks actually started taking Wayne seriously with his best rapper alive claims.

Let me ride might be my favorite Dre beat, it just feels like what Cali sounded in the 90s

I definitely agree that Toomp is under appreciated, idk if T. I. run would’ve been possible without Toomp’s production. I’m not even talking about the production itself, that song is definitely more complex, I’m speaking about how the song resonated.

What You Know is a way better beat than A Milli. In every aspect.

Some of that list is someone's preferences of the songs as a whole, and not the actual beat.

That's not even a top five Dre beat.

AMilli is a loop, hell no

Power :smh:

When I hear the song title the beat should be in my head.

So if mixtapes were still a thing, people would be rapping over Sicko Mode?

Whats your top 5 Dre beats?

A Milli kinda changed the sound of rap for a few minutes lol

This Is a horrible example and I’m not saying there’s anything good about this song but this beat style had a run because of A Milli

A Milli and BMF are Top 10-15 just off how they changed the rap game for better or worse

A Milli kinda changed the sound of rap for a few minutes lol

This Is a horrible example and I’m not saying there’s anything good about this song but this beat style had a run because of A Milli

A Milli and BMF are Top 10-15 just off how they changed the rap game for better or worse

A Millie changed rap? :lol:

The impact of What You Know led to all this

Any of yall kno a good program for editing songs/mp3 files?

Like the kinda program that allows you to seamlessly crop out a **** verse.

A Millie changed rap? :lol:

The impact of What You Know led to all this

A Milli definitely spawned a bunch of knockoff beats/“a sound” until BMF…What You Know is one of the best beats of all time but I don’t know if all those are directly from What You Know as opposed to just ****** wanting a Toomp beat lol

And BMF took us out of that post A Milli era and is the reason why everyone is still on Lex Luger adjacent drums till this day, Shawty Redd invented that sound but BMF put it on that national spotlight and had a bunch of knockoff records to where trap beats in that style never left the mainstream/evolved

A Milli definitely spawned a bunch of knockoff beats/“a sound” until BMF…What You Know is one of the best beats of all time but I don’t know if all those are directly from What You Know as opposed to just ****** wanting a Toomp beat lol

And BMF took us out of that post A Milli era and is the reason why everyone is still on Lex Luger adjacent drums till this day, Shawty Redd invented that sound but BMF put it on that national spotlight and had a bunch of knockoff records to where trap beats in that style never left the mainstream/evolved

What you think made _'s want a beat from Toomp? It's a coincidence that he was in demand after What You Know and those beats sounded like that? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom