Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah I remember hearing all those joints back in the day. I think it all got scrapped cause Fresh left :smh:

the crazy part is at first it did

Wayne most underrated song. Funny, because this is the only version I know (From the like father like son mixtape with Khaled).

They had a version on the album, mid in comparison. Beat trash.

Quotables and Quotables!

That’s how I knew we lost Wayne. Lollipop was a gift and a curse. Great song....but the newfound fame he got at that C3 era pushed him into a lazy and super commercial state.

Always go back to this......I thought he’d follow the Tip/Ross lane at the time when he was spitting this.

“Original Gangsta, black clothes and bangas
Bullet shells in chambers, fill the L’s up
We stay low from the rangers
Cus they tryna tame us, but we brainless
And just think I’m one sellout record away from being famous
****, I guess I ain’t it

**** was weird to me how many people thought Lil Wayne was a “new artist”. That’s when it kinda hit me that as big as hip hop was/is at the time...it still had a ways to go.

A Milli was trash too. C1 & C2 stand with any album to me. Especially C1. Undeniable and underrated. Felt like you had to be “up” on it at the time....even though GO DJ was a hit.

Had to clean up the lyrics for the ESPYs. Remind me of edited versions back in the day :lol:

Need to bring back edited versions of songs. I always liked the radio versions of Back That Thang Up and Get Your Roll On over the album versions. Don’t really get that now in the streaming era where artists drop albums out of no where and whichever song has the most streams is considered the single.

Need to bring back edited versions of songs. I always liked the radio versions of Back That Thang Up and Get Your Roll On over the album versions. Don’t really get that now in the streaming era where artists drop albums out of no where and whichever song has the most streams is considered the single.

I was listening to the radio the other day, and they were playing “Pound Town”

A “blank” every other word. No attempts at edits (if you could even do that)

It was surreal lol.

Its amazing how much better the radio version of “in da club” is than the album version.

That was rarely the case back in them days.

Naaah

The radio version of Bling Bling is the best version though

Back
Top Bottom