Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The remix

download.gif

Happy to say that I never let any of my clothes get that baggy at any point in my life. Little ****** shoppin in the big and tall section. Nope!

Is it really that hard to market an artist? I guess it gets difficult when they can’t perform the song outside the studio, aren’t personable, gotta resort to gimmicks or weird.

Most of them only have one song. That one song is only hot for about 2 (MAYBE 3) months, and then another artist (and I’m being very generous with the use of that term) steps into that very spotlight to repeat the cycle all over.

I’d imagine it’s harder to market that because of the abundance of a) people making music, b) the many ways music is being consumed these days.

I’m so glad I didn’t have pics from this era because the 2x tall tee def looked like a dress on my short *** 😅

Man… I feel your pain, and was in the same boat. Unfortunately I have a few middle school/early high school pictures where I was walking around like that. :lol:

5’3”… 120 pounds…. 3x white tee and size 40 jeans… used to have the jeans “shorts” with timbs when I first moved to down south and nobody could tell me nothing. :lol:

Despicable times, horrendous times, nasty times… :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Most of them only have one song. That one song is only hot for about 2 (MAYBE 3) months, and then another artist (and I’m being very generous with the use of that term) steps into that very spotlight to repeat the cycle all over.

I’d imagine it’s harder to market that because of the abundance of a) people making music, b) the many ways music is being consumed these days.

You started noticing labels didn't know what the **** they were doing when they started signing artist based on one song like Designer.

You used to have to actually bring the label a demo or some sort of body of work. Now they take your one song and try to push that further and if you can't recreate it, you become a tax write off.

Back
Top Bottom