Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He’s a cancer to music. I don’t even know who his demographic is
Ak’s ego these days can almost rival Kanye.
As for his demographic, it’s definitely around the ages of 15 to 21. He has a lot of traits that perform especially well with kids and young teens, even though the intended audience presumably is more mature adults.
Being obnoxious and loud performs very well on social media with the youth, and Ak is most certainly both obnoxious and very loud.

Back when he was on Everyday Struggle with Joe Budden, I definitely found him funny at times despite disliking him as a person.
At that time his ego hadn’t quite ballooned to current levels though.

I don't believe Ali. He claims he's the OG, he brought the group together, he knew the business, he did most of the work but somehow got finessed by his lil homie?

He said Nelly took their demo to labels and would play only his verses, that don't even sound right. Cudda Love put Nelly on, same dude that out Mase on. He saw that Nelly was the only one that had superstar potential so they didn't want the group, they just wanted to sign him. They still got group album and solo deals. Them dudes just wasn't talented enough.
I listened to all parts so far and everything he said made sense if you listen from beginning to end. I think Murphy Lee had superstar potential as well.

I listened to all parts so far and everything he said made sense if you listen from beginning to end. I think Murphy Lee had superstar potential as well.

I don't know about superstar. Their style was dated. Nelly himself was only poppin from 2000-04.

Ali story just don't add up to me. I'm sure they add issues like every other group but if you was the music business expert how do you get robbed by the lil homie? It sound like his real issues should be with Cudda Love and Universal. Country Grammar dropped in 2000. He stuck around Nelly getting robbed by him until like 07-08? But he's the smart one? Don't add up.

I don't know about superstar. Their style was dated. Nelly himself was only poppin from 2000-04.

Ali story just don't add up to me. I'm sure they add issues like every other group but if you was the music business expert how do you get robbed by the lil homie? It sound like his real issues should be with Cudda Love and Universal. Country Grammar dropped in 2000. He stuck around Nelly getting robbed by him until like 07-08? But he's the smart one? Don't add up.

From what I gathered, he didn't look at it as "getting robbed" per se. He was just doing everything with the whole group's best interest at heart while Nelly was more on some self ish. Classic story of putting friendship before business and thinking everyone will move like you.

Like I said, the way he explained the whole thing makes sense. He don't sound like the typical bitter person but more hurt/disappointed IMO.

From what I gathered, he didn't look at it as "getting robbed" per se. He was just doing everything with the whole group's best interest at heart while Nelly was more on some self ish. Classic story of putting friendship before business and thinking everyone will move like you.

Like I said, the way he explained the whole thing makes sense. He don't sound like the typical bitter person but more hurt/disappointed IMO.

It's a part where he said Nelly had the lowest self esteem outta everybody in the group, dawg definitely bitter. :lol:

That was a click bait title cause he rolled it back a bit lol Even if half of what he said is true though, Nelly bogus. I always look at anyone funny that make it big and don't have at least one day one around them. Kinda like Jeezy too. EVERYONE can't be wrong lol

This still funny AF

Also this video is a classic

Cam going always win. Its cool seeing his resurgence too. Well deserved. He’s been far ahead of the social media wave, just naturally being him. And NT always rocked with him for that.

Cam & Meme/Pop culture is so ingrained, a lot of people don’t even know where it comes from. Shoutout to Killa

I don't believe Ali. He claims he's the OG, he brought the group together, he knew the business, he did most of the work but somehow got finessed by his lil homie?

He said Nelly took their demo to labels and would play only his verses, that don't even sound right. Cudda Love put Nelly on, same dude that out Mase on. He saw that Nelly was the only one that had superstar potential so they didn't want the group, they just wanted to sign him. They still got group album and solo deals. Them dudes just wasn't talented enough.

What he says doesn't make sense.

He did all the writing of a diamond album, but was cool with it up until 2020?

Was cool with feeling like Nelly didn't support his album, but was cool with it until 2020?

Murphy Lee def had the swag at the time to sorta pop off but it never translated.

I remember copping Country Grammar and Beenie Man album back in like ‘01.

Cam going always win. Its cool seeing his resurgence too. Well deserved. He’s been far ahead of the social media wave, just naturally being him. And NT always rocked with him for that.

Cam & Meme/Pop culture is so ingrained, a lot of people don’t even know where it comes from. Shoutout to Killa
Cam randomly was in Moss Park one night years ago after a show here. The most random **** ever :lol:

Back
Top Bottom