Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Been listening to this Ali interview for the last few days and mannn Nelly bogus AF if what he's saying is true. He says he wrote 90% of Country Grammar with no credit :smh:

We talked about it more in the combat Jack thread.

Murphy also confirmed they wrote that album together.

I posted some other Ali interviews that he went into good detail.

Ali sound hurt, letting money get between them.

I saw a random Kyjuan interview a year or two ago and think he hinted at Country Grammar being a collab with them all. I know everyone has said Nelly didn’t like the Country Grammar song (beat) so I don’t think he even wrote to that song, that’s everyone else’s verses.

I miss them Bricksquad days.
Still cackling @ Guwop saying "paint a ***** like Mozart"

Gucci and Waka fallout still hurting

till-this-day-deontay-wilder (1).gif

We talked about it more in the combat Jack thread.

Murphy also confirmed they wrote that album together.

I posted some other Ali interviews that he went into good detail.

Ali sound hurt, letting money get between them.

I saw a random Kyjuan interview a year or two ago and think he hinted at Country Grammar being a collab with them all. I know everyone has said Nelly didn’t like the Country Grammar song (beat) so I don’t think he even wrote to that song, that’s everyone else’s verses.

I don't think people care because Nelly was a pop act, like Drake

From a financial standpoint, not to get any publishing or writing credits is crazy to me. He's the older one who was supposed to know the business. Who had deals prior. He read the book :lol:

Intentionally blocked him from getting deals
Aka stagnated his career
Ali wrote a 10x platinum selling album and looks broke something wrong with that 🤷🏽‍♂️

He had a deal and album.

and if I give you $200. I come back and complain 20 years later and say you didn't pay it back. Does that make you or me look bad?

Get a lawyer and stop crying to B High, Vlad and anyone who will listen to your sob story.

Yall gotta watch the interview before commenting lol He's not even claiming to want money he's just saying it would have been the right thing for Nelly to do is all. He said he tried to leave multiple times to do regular jobs and Nelly always begged him to come back.

Don't think it's a coincidence that Nelly stopped popping after he stopped writing.

Kinda makes you appreciate LeBron and his day 1’s for never falling out.
LeBron is the perfect example of how you should look out for your day 1s. Find everyone's strengths and create a role that utilizes them. Obviously not everyone's going to stay down for the long run in most cases but at least you can say you tried.

Back
Top Bottom