Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

@Five used to like all the corny **** in rap

Says the ***** heavily engaged in this St Lunatics deep dive.9

Wasn’t a Nelly fan back then, liked a couple songs but couldn’t get into his albums.

The run Nelly, 50 and Em had are the craziest runs I’ve ever seen in Hip Hop. I vaguely remember the All Eyez On Me run but was too young to fully see it.

1692368650179.png

Nelly and St Lunatics run was a surprise to me. I couldn’t really get down with it. Country Grammer single was trash to me. The album was aight I guess, definitely didn’t think it deserved to go Diamond.

1. Cam
2. JR
3. 40
Juelz rap better than Jim (Jim got writers) but Juelz fell off hard and Jim got better albums.

giphy.gif

JR and 40 feel more like shooters/soldiers - sparring partners for Cam
while Jim and Juelz were more of the glitz and glamor/front of the camera ones

I feel like the vezsuz did expose that a bit, that dipset was strongly based on image/bravado
but if it was Cam Jr and 40, it wouldve been a different story

nonetheless

since we're here, my fave 40 and JR songs

(6 minute freestyle for jr is too obvious/easy to choose so...)

"your effin engineer couldnt get to my level" :smh:

2nd verse is just bonkers to start off

Last edited:
Who losing money? The labels not losing money. They’re barely investing ****. Just making money off streams.

I think it’s around 75% of music streamed is at least a decade old. New artists not making crazy money cause their music comes and goes quick.

1692371330847.png

1692371382332.png

1692371259064.png

giphy.gif

I feel like the vezsuz did expose that a bit, that dipset was strongly based on image/bravado

nonetheless

I didn't know till recently that the beat from the JR freestyle was from a Ransom song

Says the ***** heavily engaged in this St Lunatics deep dive.9

Wasn’t a Nelly fan back then, liked a couple songs but couldn’t get into his albums.

The run Nelly, 50 and Em had are the craziest runs I’ve ever seen in Hip Hop. I vaguely remember the All Eyez On Me run but was too young to fully see it.

This you. :lol:

So he should stay quiet and accept not getting his money?

We don’t know how long they’ve been battling or if they’ve been battling before.

Nelly was the star and he has his melodies that blew up but he wouldn’t have made it without them. Take care of your people.

Y’all talking about this and haven’t even watched the other Ali or Kyjuan interviews.

I swear I think about this **** like once a month. Had half america wearing Cardinals and Rams jerseys. Some fools even wearing bandaids. First album did like 5-6 million the first year. No big name producer or co-sign. One of the biggest and most organic runs we’ve ever seen.

So you weren't a big fan, but you did this Lunatics deep dive on YT, while going back and forth defending them :lol:

giphy.gif

nonetheless

Their reunion album (40, JR and Rell) a few years ago was hard.

1692371330847.png

1692371382332.png

1692371259064.png

I’m a check this out later. I know Joe said a while ago they make their money off ads, subscribers and social media. Plus labels aren’t spending as much on releases. No more videos, no physical CDs, no promo.

Back
Top Bottom