Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm no expert...wont claim to be...but not completely in the dark.

You don't need the backing of a major label on 2023. Not to get on. Not to stay on. It's can be a benefit. It is not a requirement.

How are you getting on a Spotify playlist, advertised high in Apple Music or booked on these tours? Labels are in control of that. In this microwave era.

It's 200,000 rappers out here. How are you getting heard out of your city, state? All these people who die or get arrested, how many are rappers? A so called rapper dies or gets arrested every day. Never even heard their name.

He said the first people that were interested in signing them wasn't feeling Nelly. A dude he met from NYC brought Cudda in and then they were only interested in Nelly.

Like I said, Nelly wouldn't have gotten signed without Ali's relationships, vision, and pen. That should be the main point but yall acting like Nelly would have gotten signed regardless lol He did them boys wrong in the long run.

I'm not saying they didn't help. They all wrote Country Grammar but again this happens all the time in the music business. Cudda saw Nelly as the star, the label saw his potential so he got pushed to the front. It happens a lot in R&B, well used to.

These beats broke my ****in brain as a kid. Couldn’t understand how someone could create these.

What is he doing now but doing interviews on YT? How is that getting his money? He's shaming Nelly into giving it to him?

They stopped being friends, and started being employees, because they weren't doing anything beyond performing with Nelly. Can they book tours dolo? Even in clubs or overseas?

If Nelly went out on tour, would anyone go where's Ali?

It's not like Big Boi and Dre. When you see one or a couple of Wu, you wonder where the rest are. Same with The Lox.

How do you know what he’s doing? Do you think he has lawyers fighting this right now? I have no clue.

No one is saying Nelly needs Ali and Murphy to sell tickets or albums. I know Nelly’s music hasn’t been selling since they all split and his last couple projects been HORRENDOUS. He’s chasing that country/pop lane and it ain’t working.

They need to get rid of most of these female rappers

Just the females? Get rid of 98% of these rappers.

They gotta be wasting a ton of money on these chicks. They don't sell records or tour. How they making it back? What do they get walkthrough money.

They’re making their money through social media. Clicks and views.

Most artists aren’t selling, only a few are and most of those are streams and not purchased. It was like a year ago but Joe Budden said on his pod the number labels were making a day from streaming and it was crazy money.

:lol:

Nelly ain't a goat but his impact was major. He did like 20 mil off his first 2 albums alone.

I swear I think about this **** like once a month. Had half america wearing Cardinals and Rams jerseys. Some fools even wearing bandaids. First album did like 5-6 million the first year. No big name producer or co-sign. One of the biggest and most organic runs we’ve ever seen.

They’re making their money through social media. Clicks and views.

Most artists aren’t selling, only a few are and most of those are streams and not purchased. It was like a year ago but Joe Budden said on his pod the number labels were making a day from streaming and it was crazy money.

It's already been out there that they losing money.

These artists are bout to really start getting robbed. Reminds me of the girl Scarlip saying to vlad "So we don't get to keep the money?!?"

Bless her heart :smh:

Stop the madness…

IMG_0504.jpeg
1692334578022.png

wow.png

It's already been out there that they losing money.

These artists are bout to really start getting robbed. Reminds me of the girl Scarlip saying to vlad "So we don't get to keep the money?!?"

Bless her heart :smh:

Who losing money? The labels not losing money. They’re barely investing ****. Just making money off streams.

I think it’s around 75% of music streamed is at least a decade old. New artists not making crazy money cause their music comes and goes quick.

I swear I think about this **** like once a month. Had half america wearing Cardinals and Rams jerseys. Some fools even wearing bandaids. First album did like 5-6 million the first year. No big name producer or co-sign. One of the biggest and most organic runs we’ve ever seen.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom