Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

IMG_2731.gif

Ali was the leader of the group for like 4 years and they couldn't get a deal. Nelly took the lead and they got a deal.

He keeps acting like things would have popped with him.

Meanwhile he doesn't like being on the road. Doesn't like the industry games and politics.

Nelly was old for when he popped off, Ali was even older in his 30's.

I get it, but I don't get it. He sat around for 15 years expecting Nelly to change and was cool with being promised one amount and then being given less than that?

So he should stay quiet and accept not getting his money?

We don’t know how long they’ve been battling or if they’ve been battling before.

Nelly was the star and he has his melodies that blew up but he wouldn’t have made it without them. Take care of your people.

Y’all talking about this and haven’t even watched the other Ali or Kyjuan interviews.

What is he doing now but doing interviews on YT? How is that getting his money? He's shaming Nelly into giving it to him?

They stopped being friends, and started being employees, because they weren't doing anything beyond performing with Nelly. Can they book tours dolo? Even in clubs or overseas?

If Nelly went out on tour, would anyone go where's Ali?

It's not like Big Boi and Dre. When you see one or a couple of Wu, you wonder where the rest are. Same with The Lox.

I heard Ali’s albums ,I don’t believe him at all
:lol: There's a reason why some people make better writers but bad artist.
Ali was the leader of the group for like 4 years and they couldn't get a deal. Nelly took the lead and they got a deal.
That's not accurate. They got the deal while he was the leader and cause of the song he constructed that popped locally.

That's not accurate. They got the deal while he was the leader and cause of the song he constructed that popped locally.

They didn't have a major label deal. Universal was only interested in Nelly. It was cuz Nelly played them E.I and Country Grammar. They all got their deals after that.

:stoneface:

Said by someone who doesn't know how the music business works.
I'm no expert...wont claim to be...but not completely in the dark.

You don't need the backing of a major label on 2023. Not to get on. Not to stay on. It's can be a benefit. It is not a requirement.

They didn't have a major label deal. Universal was only interested in Nelly. It was cuz Nelly played them E.I and Country Grammar. They all got their deals after that.
He said the first people that were interested in signing them wasn't feeling Nelly. A dude he met from NYC brought Cudda in and then they were only interested in Nelly.

Like I said, Nelly wouldn't have gotten signed without Ali's relationships, vision, and pen. That should be the main point but yall acting like Nelly would have gotten signed regardless lol He did them boys wrong in the long run.

He said the first people that were interested in signing them wasn't feeling Nelly. A dude he met from NYC brought Cudda in and then they were only interested in Nelly.

Like I said, Nelly wouldn't have gotten signed without Ali's relationships, vision, and pen. That should be the main point but yall acting like Nelly would have gotten signed regardless lol He did them boys wrong in the long run.
I'm a huge fan or organization stories myself (Batman Begins > The Dark Knight) but the start of their success ain't the whole story, it don't seem.

So yeah, I can see the point that Ali's relationships help jump it off. But who is to say they'd have never made that connect with Cudda without that relationship?

Back
Top Bottom