Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ti should stop financially supporting him to an extent. Let him get his own crib, job etc. Since he has an insecurity of being from the suburbs let him support himself hell have a sense of achievement since he did it on his own

It’s honestly too late for all that. If he’s lucky he’ll get to a point where he looks back on this with great shame. If he’s lucky.

Iono of a album or tape of his. **** went to hell before his rocafella release. He was an absolute fool on damn near every feature/SP album tho.

Im glad someone kno wassup tho. Sparks had something. Its was unconventional but it WORKED. Dude said some hard hitting ****.

SP’s greatest strength was also kinda they weakness. They had TOO many NICE *****’s, and as a result, everyone aint getta chance to shine fr.

LOTTA untapped potential in SP. they never really had the run they were supposed to…

Damn

Dame coulda had a run with a new label with SP alone

Arguing bout how hard your life was while in your parents suite at an NFL game is crazy :lol: :smh:

They gotta get yo a reality check cuz the better off dudes who go that hard to claim the hood usually do some dumb **** to prove it

Pure nepo baby ****.

IMG_9451.jpeg

I don’t know what Cole would have been in the 90s. He’s nice but he’s still boring to a lot of people. He’d probably be an underground rapper with a small following.

I will forever never understand the whole J. Cole is boring opinions. Ish is completely baffling to me. I guess people would rather him be a cornball like Drake :lol:

I'd actually call Kendrick boring before Cole but I personally love both of them.

i feel like Cole sort of lacks melody and that's what gets him the boring label
one example that springs to my mind his feature on Miguel - Come Through and Chill
just yapping away killing the vibe

I will forever never understand the whole J. Cole is boring opinions. Ish is completely baffling to me. I guess people would rather him be a cornball like Drake :lol:

I'd actually call Kendrick boring before Cole but I personally love both of them.
I really enjoy j.cole's music. It's right up my alley. But I fully understand the boring description. I'm not good enough with words to explain it. And I think the same description could be said about plenty of rap music if folks were compelled to label it in such a manner.

There's just a lack of hype...lack of life almost...to his music. It's authentic as ****. But yeah, can be a bit of a yawn if you not feeling it.

But his point rears it’s ugly head once again lol

No it doesn't

because he's his father. That's his example. His son does the same ranting that his dad does, only without the wannabe big words.

This isn't a case of rap music raising a kid. This is a case of two bad parents who put their kids on TV without thinking the consequences long term.

Something was wrong for him to be using a pacifier at 12.

No it doesn't

because he's his father. That's his example. His son does the same ranting that his dad does, only without the wannabe big words.

This isn't a case of rap music raising a kid. This is a case of two bad parents who put their kids on TV without thinking the consequences long term.

Something was wrong for him to be using a pacifier at 12.

Not finna dissect another ***** family dynamic but guitar playing son and the J Cole son normal

boy definitely got some goofy **** going but at the same time

Everyone he probably looks up to probably subtly reinforces the idea that “standing on business” and growing up around bandos /“having roaches on your face” is something that is a badge of honor to begin with.

it’s ridiculous to be surprised this 19 year old wants to be looked at as hard when we got 50 year old Kanye banging GD or Drake turning into a mob boss in his late 20’s/early 30’s. If they of all people can’t be themselves due to the influence of the culture then what do we think insecure kids/young adults (who had adolescence from 2013 till now keeping in mind the direction rap has gone in since specifically then) gonna do

Back
Top Bottom